wmc camp kho samui.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wmc camp kho samui.............

Had someone recently recommend I s[end some time out at the wmc ( world muay thai council ) camp in bangkok / kho Samui for some training and being the guy has a couple of world titles and is shooting for another in a higher weight division, I think Im just going to take that advice. I found this website www.wmcmuaythaicamp.com in international kickboxer magazine but I cant find a cost anywhere. If anyone has been out there and would like to give me some information, I'll be happy to have it.

For those that are training ( or have ) in thailand , but elsewhere, where are you all going ?? Have a few dollars to rack up working security on the closest cruise ship, but looking at spending a good several to 6 mths out there. Anything you can give me will be very sweet........... and I'll even do a another training blog

cheers

Blooming Lotus

There are quite a few of these scattered throughout Thailand. Costs vary, as does quality. I wouldn't be impressed with web sites, remember how many people go to Siping in China to train, at a school with a great website, and a ****ty track record. Koh Samui is fabulous; check out my pictures in the Photo Library.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Yah?? Cheers, I'll definiately do that sometime soon. I als0o recently saw a documentary on thai boxing and Lumpinee stadium and a trainer nearby , ex- national legend who is one of the only ones regularly training women for fights. I also saw the standard of the women he's training and what they're doing for they're training and how hard, so I think we're going to get on just fine.

Still don't really know how much $$$ I need to plan for, but my trainer at the moment has spent alot of time there and knows the whole Thailand MT scene really well. If I get some good information I think you guys could benifit from I'll post it as it becomes available.

While I'm on this conversation though, I'm wondering of the fighters and the prize pools everyone's receiving for their wins, what sort of % can a fighter competitively expect to hold on to from that after trainer and promoter cut??? I'm sure it'll vary but if you guys can give me an idea, that will definately help me out.

cheers

Blooming Tianshi

Comment

hi
        im in thailaind now and have been training thai boxing in chiang mai, most gyms here cost around 6000 bhat per month and below 10,000 but i am looking to change gyms right now in a less touristy area, if anyone has any ideas im particualrly looking for a gym with female students and trainers who regularly train females

Comment

There is a MT gym in Chiang Mai (a rather beautiful area with lovely people I might add), that a few people I know of have gone to, and have enjoyed. Can't remember the name of it though. 6000 B a month is pretty cheap I might add.

There are some in Bangkok that would good, though they probably cater to young Thai males.

Here in Phuket is one gym I can recommend, though it's far more expensive than 6000 a month. It's in the Rawai area, it's very acceptable, though the very rare times I've been there, I have not seen any female students. I have no doubt that they take them though.

I'm still in Phuket if you need any help.

doc
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

have any hangzhou related martial info, anyone?
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

hey doc
              thanks for your reply, yea im in a gym right now just out side of CM, its good but i really need a change as i have been here for over a year and there are so many tourists here, i want to go to somewhere more deserted as i have basic thai now and can survive on it, I spent a month in Phuket totally not my thing and way way too many tourists(obviously i am a tourist too, i dont mind westerners just certain types i came to Thailand to get away from he he), and so many prostitutes. Anyway really looking for somewhere in the middle of nowhere with at least one or two other females. If you hear of anything let me know Thanks

Comment

too many prostitutes? where are u from??????
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

england why? they are all over thailand in one form or another, maybe guys dont notice it so much or maybe my definition of a prostitute is different to other peoples

Comment

Onesping, decent respectable women find the whole concept of "prostitution" in Asia kind of, well, disgusting. It's a common response, one that I've seen over and over again. And, an understandable one.

If you want to bring up the whole thing on prostitution, start a new thread, in a relevant area. It would be an interesting discussion.

russbo.com

Comment

Let's celebrate this new year with your loved ones, especially your sister. A sister who always stands by you, in every difficulty and ease. Here you will find the best new year wishes for sister.

Comment

Working...
                      X