Lion style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion style

I was thinking, is there a Lion in shaolin gung fu? I mean I think it would be alot like a tiger, except lions are more team oriented animals. Would a lion bob and weave, or slip the punch?
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

I don't think they have lions in China...
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

I know a guy who teaches hung gar who's big on lions. Apparently its more of a southern thing. There used to lions in south china, but the asiatic lion is now extinct I believe.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

hmm too bad. Could anyone point me in a direct for this? I have heard of lion dances which probably are a different thing.
        "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Lion style:
          ask the bitch to do it for you.
          when she's done, screw for about 3 hours
          kill any rival male's offspring.

repeat.

those lion bastards...

Comment

That's really wasn't what I was looking for but OKAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenknight2
              I was thinking, is there a Lion in shaolin gung fu? I mean I think it would be alot like a tiger, except lions are more team oriented animals. Would a lion bob and weave, or slip the punch?
              If you're the male you wouldn't. If you were doing a male lion style, you would sleep a lot. Maybe if the female lion style took the guy out first, you would go up and kick him a few times and take the credit, I guess.
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                I don't think they have lions in China...
                Nor do they have dragons or phoenixes (phoenices?).

However, lions would've been all throughout the middle east (persia)...the Chinese would've known about them.
                -Jesse Pasleytm
                "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

female lions do alot of the hunting, but the male lions do fight.

What's a phoenix anyway? A bird?

Comment

They had dragons, Paz. Where you been.

Just ask the FLW's at the Feng Yuan..

Phoenixes, if I spelled that corectly, are a British invention, coming from the Old English and Latin. Which, doesn't explain much, since "dragons" have a similar origin.

Hmmmm. Good question....
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

Ask the FLWs? I don't know if I like where this is going.
                      -Jesse Pasleytm
                      "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

Well, here's the thing, I've been looking for something that would help tie in what I've learned in scouts with martial arts. Baden Powell, founder of scouts, spent time in africa, lions are near africa so... bang bada boom..

By the way I once saw a nine ring broadsword with a lin on it.

Lions and tigers are alot alike but the thing is lions have prides, where as tigers hunt by themselves.

Another thing about the Phoenix, is it close to Thunderbirds? I mean some people native american peoples believed in a large bird with thunderbolts.

Comment

I've heard about a lion style that instead of claws, it emphasises more of the jaw...

Oh, and it is a more recent style...
                          practice wu de

Comment

In Baguazhang (particularly the Yin Fu lineages) there is a Lion style. It's part of the Eight Animals of Bagua. I have never seen it performed however, but there people who teach it.
                            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Also, it could just be another large cat, like a mountain lion.
                              practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                              X