Shaolin Taiji Chuan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue Sky
    I've read of at least 2 internal styles which were created some time around 550-600 A.D.; Sheau Jeou Tian (Small Nine Heavens) and Hou Tian Fa (Poat-Heaven Technique). Some writtings say these 2 styles were the original sources of Tai Chi Chaun, the creation of which is credited to Chang San-Feng of the late Song Dynasty around 1200 A.D. I, myself, study Chung Moo Quan style Tai Chi.

Most CMA historians have researched that Chang San Feng had nothing to do with tia ji in any way, it is a made up legend that was traced back to a novelist.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewei
      Shi Yan Ming in 'Love edit' is doing Chen style Taiji, I am sure. I do the Old Frame routines I and II (LaoJia Yilu and Erlu). Many of the moves are similar to Laojia but he is doing it with extra spiralling movements. Thee are some moves that are not present in Laojia but I have seen in Xinjia! So, I think he is doing Chen Taiji New Frame routine I (Xinjia Yilu).

I have met other Shaolin monks in UK ( Shi Yanjian?) and Shi Hengxuan that do Taiji. They both do Chen Style. Actually, I was astonished to meet Shi Yanjian at a London seminar held by Grandmaster Chen Xiaowang, the standard bearer of the 19th generation of the Chen family.
      I have an article coming out soon in Kung Fu Qi Gung magazine (pacific rim publishers)
      that shows a total move by move comparison between
      the Chen Lao Jia Yi Lu and the Shaolin Tai Tzu Chang Quan form, they are the same form in essense, except the STZQ form is much older.
      It will be pretty controversial,because I also I give some text about the newest research in China that has uncovered ancient circa 1600s family papers from cousins of the Chen family that spell out who exactly created Chen Tai Ji, so read it when it comes out, you will be surprised.
      Last edited by Sal Canzonieri; 09-21-2006, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X