Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QiGong

Hey,

I was wondering where I can find any videos or equipment to start training in Qigong practice?

Thanks

Well, if you remind Steve, we'll get the Ba Duan Jin qi gong video up on the site before I leave. Been meaning to do that.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Sorry my friend, don't know about the vids...but, Doc how do I get this thing off my screen?

g
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

The only equipment you need to start qigong is yourself. The breath should be deep, slow, regular, and quiet. Never hold your breath in the begining (the only exception is specific excercises where your sifu tell you to hold the breath).

Start by focusing your mind on a point within the body the body. The bottoms of the feet to root, the palms of the hands to project, or the lower dan tien to cultivate. Where your mind goes, the qi will follow.

8 pieces of brocade is a good form to begin with. I think that is ba duan jin, but I'm not certain. my chinese is limited at best. Good luck and stay safe.
        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

the eagles are going to the superbowl.

Comment

What's that training where you toughen up your skin by hitting beans or something.

Comment

it depends what skin you're trying to toughen up. with respect to the forearms and shins, it's more of an external exercise and calls for the supervision of a master and a proper jow, traditionally. when it comes to the palms, then you're doing iron palm training, which is still a mostly external exercise but has more qigong and breathing elements to it, generally. traditionally it's even more important to have the supervision of a master in this, because of acupuncture points in the hands and such. when it comes to the head i have no idea whatsoever, but i would expect it to be approached at least as cautiously as the palms.

myself, i don't see it as being quite as dangerous as most CMA practitioners do (after all they're just beanbags and wooden poles usually), but then again, they practice this stuff and i don't. the moral of the story is don't do that stuff by yourself until you've learned how to do it under a master.

Comment

How about just the knuckles?

Comment

well again, IMHO, i don't think a bit of light and reasonable conditioning is so dangerous. but traditionally (since you did start this thread asking about qigong), you're supposed to have a master. also, use some common sense. if your knuckles are getting cut up and your hand is getting damaged, then stop punching walls, movies notwithstanding. and if you start to grow freakish callouses, stop, unless you want to end up looking like pan qingfu. (you don't.) anyway, i don't think that conditioning your knuckles has much to do with qigong, but i'll leave that open for someone who knows what they're talking about (not me).

Comment

ZLP is my "Master"....but the last time I check with him about it,he didnt say anything .

Comment

maybe he doesn't want you to do it, then.

Comment

The best advice is to only do what your told...

And, BTW, don't try to take another one of my championships..!!

g
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                        X