No announcement yet.

Novices training at Shaolin temple....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novices training at Shaolin temple....

How long do new people to shaolin temple train a day?

Do they train the same amount as the other experianced people?

How hard do they push them the first day they start...?

Seeing that Documentry from National Geographics makes me wonder

You'd be extremely lucky to be able to train inside the temple itself, but only several meters away, there are 2 schools ( tagou and the shaolin saffron robed - if you think we're monks and would like to pay money we 'll perform for you nearly as well they do next door) and Tagou, which being the biggest shaolin gongfu school in the world, is probably a fairly safe standard to run off. There are few other very small schools on the way down the path to shaolin si, and then 15 mins taxi away more again at DengFeng, all with varying number of students and different training syllabus.

At Tagou even beginners start at about 6 hours a day. Gwailo ( foreigners) are trained seperately from the native Chinese but together as there are maybe 100 gwailo students to 10 000 chinese. Thje main reason for that is just so you can understand what you're being told. It's quite formal and when you arrive you can expect an interview with the prinicpal before you're even admitted. They are very breezey though and much more lax with foreginers than with the Chinese. They understand that certain methods they use traditionally don't really wash with gwailo so I guess they expect only as much or as little as you want to give. I just cleared my old business cards from my purse this morning, but I do still have one from Tagou at home. I'm sure you'll find the url or contact addresses fairly easily but I'll try to remember to post it for you nxt time I log on.

Hope it helps

Cheers

BL

Comment

okay as promised here is the contact
      The international Trainee Services Centre
      Shaolin Monastery Wushu Institute at Tagou,
      DengFeng Henan,
      People's Repulbic of China
      email : Lebei@126.com ( pronounced Libby if you ever speak ) and the telephone number is your own country exit code + 86+371+2749627

Her english is good enough to give you a good idea of what they have on offer and she's lovely. If you want information and she can't answer your questions then and there , she'll email you with it or get something out to you.

Good luck and if you get out there, feel free to let us know how you're going and what you get up to .

Cheers

Blooming Lotus

Comment

hi

hi,everybody
        I think it is too hard to preactise it.
        who can insist?

Comment

i think 8 hours

Comment

Working...
          X