The Collegiate Type.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Collegiate Type.

Alright, I'm new to practicing Buddhism and I just gave a shot at not being sexually driven (aka horney) for the hopes that someday I can think about these women with a 'trained mind'.

4 days I went..4 DAYS! Man, and it felt good. No whacking, and did pretty well at not lusting hardcore. I slipped a few times sitting in class, but caught myself quickly. Then Saturday night comes and I'm stranded in town, so I go to this chick's dorm. She gladly accepts me, and her and her roomate are getting all giggly and I really want to sleep. One of them said I could share the bed with them instead of sleeping on the floor..so I mean come on!! It went through my head, but the floor was hard, and I just really wanted to sleep. So I climb in bed with her, and she starts moaning pathetically, and I laughed. After the small talk she informs me that she rolls a lot in her sleep...

Yes, she rubbed on me indirectly. Alright. So 4 days. What did they amount to? Nothing. I slipped. We messed around, and I kinda laugh at it now, but man, I should have had more control over that situation you know?! My question is how is one to keep a steady and focused mind on a constant happiness when females make this an extremely difficult task?! Jeez!

Wow, honestly, how many guys ask how to keep women away?

There's no easy way.. just hard work
    Pay no heed to desire, and focus on the practice.
    Whenever desire or weakness arises, don't drift away. Just stay right there, and fight it.

Comment

Really funny, funny stuff. If this guys not joking... than I'm poppa smurf. LoL!

g
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by shi_xing_smurf
        What? Why would you want to keep women away? Makes no sense to me.
        I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
        "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
        "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
        "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Oftentimes abstaining from something makes you crave it even more. People sometimes don't realize that there is a clear distinction between the desire and the action.

There is nothing un-Buddhist about having a healthy sex life and having one will not ruin your practice. In fact, releasing a biological urge in such a, ahem, joyous and loving way could prove to be beneficial for practice.

Besides, ladies are fun!
          -Jesse Pasleytm
          "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

um, why are you trying to be monkly?
            practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by shi_xing_smurf

Well not me! I am the master of that. If you really want to study the ways, then you must prove yourself to me before I begin teaching you.

HAHAHHAHA!

But really, if you're going to go about thinking of these things as mandatory to your development or growth as a person, if you feel that this is the way you should go, then treat these...tempting situations as fights. If you are a compotent man, you should know that fights are pretty much in your control. If you're gonna let the situation escalate to where the guy whips out a gun or knife, then you have failed in controlling the situation. Just like how you don't pick up hitch hikers when there is a killer loose.

And as for this situation, you could have just said "No" if she was toolin around in the shed while you were just trying to get some....sleep. But if this situation arose out of your attachment to your healthy libido, then you can always elimiate these attachments with more practice in meditation.
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Dude, just go for it. Frolic. Enjoy yourself. Don't be a slave to your emotions but don't freak out because you can't deny them. Make love to the girls, but don't stress yourself about things like this. After all, what causes you to suffer more? Having fun and not regretting it? Or beating yourself up about your healthy, natural instincts?
                Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Buddhism does not require that you abstain from sex. It dictates that you do not practice unnatural or aberrant sex. The so called monk laws dictate the same.

Which, takes some of the fun out of it for some people.

We discussed this, somewhere, maybe in the Buddhism section. It might have been in the ARCHIVE; search around in there and let us know what you find.

In the meantime, what college was this...
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

Alright, thanks for the advice those who took me semi seriously. Yeah, it was weird..I was having fun with it, but at the same time I was thinking about philosophy and the fact that I like her friends a lot more than her. I'm not trying to act monkly, just want to have control over me. Also, going back to the happiness thing..I'm still a virgin, but masturbation comes in many forms. I mean, if I can get addicted to that, I don't (kinda do though..) even want to imagine sex.

Doc, you sick puppy. It was University of Oregon. Nice campus, even nicer contents if you catch my drift.

Comment

If it was UCSB (University of California Santa Barbara) then I believe you will be feeling the effects of that fling from now till....forever, lol.

But still, you should have totally got in the bed with her friends, then.

Comment

My question is how is one to keep a steady and focused mind on a constant happiness when females make this an extremely difficult task?! Jeez!
                        i often ask myself this question, but i think i mean something else entirely by it.

Comment

welcome to life bud...

oh, and enjoy these years, I tried to do that during college.. then I woke up...
                          practice wu de

Comment

University of Oregon? Oregon?

Hmmm.

Skinny punk rock pierced tattooed drugged out stripper chicks with butchered hair who talk too much.

Fat punk rock pierced tattooed weirded out stripper chicks with butchered hair who smoke too much.

Cute born again Christian chicks who pray openly in the public parks.

Eugene, Oregon, the world capitol of lesbianism.

No wonder you're still a virgin.

Get the hell out of that state man. Come to "doc university" in Thailand and meet some REAL women.
                            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                            russbo.com

Comment

Or men. Because you never really know.

Everyone knows Maddox, but if you don't, there you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X