• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on war

President Bush says that he needs war to find peace,
    but thats like saying,
    you need to **** to find virginity!

the quote goes as such, bombing for peace is like screwing for virginity.

But the topic of the Thread does state what the war was, Inevitable.

Comment

Dictator Bush has not said anything true about the war since long before its inception. He wouldn't know peace if it bit him on the ass. The only peaceful solution to 911 would have been to publicly forgive the terrorists, turn the other cheek, and NOT bomb their homelands and steal their oil.

And incidentally, G. W. Bush is not the President of the United States, the president has to be elected. The U.S. constitution says that in the event of an election with no clear winner the senate shall elect the president from the stalemated candidates. None of that happened. Bush is a despot who siezed power. Rant complete.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Thoughts on war in the Love Shack.

I guess it fits.

You really think that publicly forgiving these guys would make them go away? Make the problem disappear? After they attacked New York? And all those other places over the past twenty or thirty years?

The issue is, not one of forgiveness and understanding. The issue boils down to one very simple thing. As it usually does.

The eternal battle between the "haves" and "have nots".

doc
        a New Yorker...
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

daodejing think of it this way no one is going to agree with every aspect of someones term of office. Try to think of yourself in his shoes. Im not saying that i am agreeing with his actions, im saying try to view the situation from his point of view.

Comment

Forgive murderers who slaughter innocent men women and children?
            That may be your way, it is certainly not mine. I work in Bayonne
            New Jersey and my wife worked four blocks from the World Trade Center.
            She watched the planes hit and the towers come down. Do you
            really believe forgiving terrorists would acieve anything?

Comment

Yeah but do you also believe in doing the same thing to them? Ever hear 2 wrongs dont make a right? Is killing more innocent people going to justify the loss of life we suffered? It will just be an endless cycle of death distruction and dispair. Violence begets violence and nothing good can become of it. Yes i would like to see some sort of retribution for what happened, but i am also not one to live in the past. Whats done is done, the endless cycle of senseless killing should stop here.

"Learn the ways to preserve rather than kill,
              avoid rather than check,
              check rather than hurt,
              hurt rather than maim
              and maim rather than kill,
              for all life is precious, and even that of the meanest creature on earth cannot be replaced"

This is one of the philosophies my Kung Fu school holds dear, if we do not extend the olive branch of peace then who will? Will it continue to be an endless cycle of death, everything always comes full circle.

Comment

Do I believe in tracking down terrorists and stopping/killing them if necessary
                before they murder more innocent people on our land? You bet.

Comment

Waiting for this...

No need to say much more than this is what I have been waiting to see on my TV for a very long time....
                  Attached Files
                  I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                  "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                  "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                  "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Islamic fundamentalist terrorism will only be strengthened not stopped by waging war on it. This is a human creation which began to evolve out of the wholesale slaughter of muslims during the crusades and continues to do so. Forgiveness and understanding is the only way to end it. Bombs and armored infantry divisions and immolative retribution only further convince fundamentalists that America is the "Great Satan" and that they are involved in a holy war. Terrorism is born of warfare and fed by strife.

How do you stop a man unafraid of death who beleives he is fighting for god? Smile at him and tell him you cannot fight your brother. If he attacks you, hug him and continue to smile. To offer military resistance and to further oppress the islamic community only fuels extremist terrorist groups.

And according to the current government definition....... under the assumption that a group has broken a U.S. law and endangered human life while in pursuit of a political agenda or in the hopes of influencing legislative decision.... (and I beleive they have done all this and far worse) the Bush administration is the most powerful terrorist organization in the world.

Comment

daodejing, I think you hit the nail on the head they are almost like the veitnamese. Un afraid of death willing to win at any cost.

J Tubridy, unnessecarily killing people to stop the killing. read that sentence, doesnt make much sense does it. Your going around KILLING people to STOP killing. It will be a never ending cycle as i said before of killing and death.

daodejing, i have to disagree with this statement "the Bush administration is the most powerful terrorist organization in the world." I disagree with that statement. The Media is the biggest terrorist and its unstoppable. News, and other things telling people what to be afraid of whose on the loose what is what. Why is it the biggest terrorist you may ask, well everyone has access tot he media in some form, always like 30 die in car crash, Y2K bug going to hit, big snow storm for sunday. For the most part people are stupid and believe anything that most people will say. Even if it is a half truth and you can make up facts to back it up people will believe it.

Example, in the 1950's and 60's people believed that if you ducked and covered your head youd survive a neuclear blast. Everyone believed that, everyone was afraid of nuclear war someone came up with some what of a plausable solution so people took it.

Comment

hhhmmmm media is a bigger problem than Dictator Bush..... I'll give you that one. Cant really argue against it.

As for the issue of a violence, I still stick by what I said about the best thing to on 9/12/01 being to publicly turn the other cheek.

As Dr. King once said, "An for an eye and a tooth for a tooth will leave the whole world blind and toothless."

Comment

Exactly what ive been saying. It seems that once someone is wrong they demand instant vindication. It seems as if America has a vendetta on the whole world, we make enemies all the time.

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."
                          -Mahatma Gandhi
                          "If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow."
                          -Chinese Proverb
                          "He who angers you conquers you."
                          -Elizabeth Kenny

Comment

"If it wasn't for war you wouldn't know what peace was!"
                            -Col. Flagg, CIA; 4077 M*A*S*H

As far as forgiving terrorists I think the priest takes care of that right before they're executed, or is it after? (Nothing like a Catholic priest giving last rites to a Muslim, one last kick in the ass )
                            Attached Files

Comment

"How do you stop a man unafraid of death who beleives he is fighting for god? Smile at him and tell him you cannot fight your brother. If he attacks you, hug him and continue to smile."

Do you know why U.S. soldiers upgraded to the more powerful .45 caliber pistol? Muslims in the Philippines had their own personal jihad, it was called running juramentado. They would wrap their extremities with wire and take their wavy bladed kris knives and kill every Christian within reach of their blades. Soldiers would empty their revolvers into these guys but the Muslim wouldn't stop until he had killed you. One man running juramentado could wreak havoc on a unit, suddenly jumping into their midst and slashing throats left and right killing half a dozen men before finally being brought down. Now in fairness the Americans were invading the Muslim's home and trying to change their world, just like the Spanish before them. You might try that argument now except that 4 jets were used to wreak a lot more death and destruction on U.S. soil than and hand full of men with knives defending their homes.

Comment

Working...
                              X