New Chingchi school (legit?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chingchi school (legit?)

I just started a tai chi class and the style is Chingchi. Anyone heard of this? I am slightly wary because the man I am learning it from has what seems to be a mullet tucked behind his hat and tries to be your friend more than your teacher.

While the second is acceptable because it could be his personality, His story of lineage is a bit iffy, supposedly his Chinese teacher went back to China. He could be making all this crap up, but then again, he might not be.

Perhaps on the first day, I was looking for weakness too much instead of looking for strength.

Despite all this, anyone heard of Chingchi?

-moved from other thread-
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

What did your mullet wearing friendly teacher say "chingchi" meant??

That's always informative, to say the least. I just love the names that some of these schools come up with.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

I'm not sure how exactly we would define chingchi, but you can see the below examples in case your confused about it's usage.

1. Do you want to chingchi your mullet today, or just a little off the sides?

2. How about some chingchi with your fries?

3. Hey, is that a chingchi in your pocket or are you just happy to see me, again?

4. What the chingchi did you just say?

5. You must ching your chi, otherwise you'll feel tired after sex.

g

btw, lei, sorry I can't be of more help. What are the characters?
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Chingchi sould mean clear breath, but he didn't tell me what it meant. He was talking about chi gong, and he said it was "vital energy". I knew this to be false however, the direct translation is "breath dicipline". I have only learned about three steps, and this is not enough to judge the form itself, but wuh ev, cause I paid for a month already. It was pretty cheap, about $25. I guess I'll see after this month, and I sure hope I don't waste my time.

As for the characters, I don't know. It had a seal though, with a yin-yang in the background and letters in the front. (this was not a tiger/dragon seal, lol)

Comment

Well, then it should look like this: 清氣 -- equivalent to "fresh air."

g
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

A seal? Very new age. Especially on top of a yin yang symbol. Original. Did the seal have a ball on its nose?
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Do you have a link to a school in the same lineage (or this school?)?

nothing comes up with a google search. Did he say where it comes from, what it is based on?
              practice wu de

Comment

Nope, nope, and nope. I'll try to pry a bit more next lesson, and I googled it too, nothing came up, so I thought some of yall might know.

However, the seal was mean looking, because this is a combat martial art! If I recall, it was a seal with gnashing teeth and a beach full of seal-bitches all around.

Comment

Did the seal have tattoos? A Harley? A beer gut? A shaved head? Pierced fins?

Enquiring minds want to know.

russbo.com

Comment

It was clubbing it's baby....
                    practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                      Did the seal have tattoos? A Harley? A beer gut? A shaved head? Pierced fins?

Enquiring minds want to know.
                      That. All that. Clubbing babies, too.

Comment

Classic, just classic.

When are you going for another class?

does it look like any other taiji?
                        practice wu de

Comment

Yeah, actually, it does. That's why I am questioning all this crap. The next class in Saturday.

Comment

Cool, keep us updated.
                            practice wu de

Comment

Chingchi

here is a suggestion:

Maybe it is Cheng Man Ching style Tai Chi Chuan, and they just tried to make it a snappy name for Marketing purposes?

LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X