Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about that "nobel prize nominee" surgeon / shiavo case

the nomination

I heard this and I couldn't believe it. This is the "nomination". It is not selected by the nobel committee or anything. It is a nomination by some politician TO the committee. Come on, guys. If you are so right about this play fair.
    "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

well let's not forget senator frist's professional medical opinion, either. he believes she's not in a persistent vegetative state. who are we to disagree with the guy that said it may be possible to get HIV from sweat?

Comment

According to the Nobel Prize website, "The Nobel Committee receives many informal letters with invalid nominations. These are not included among the documents examined by the Nobel Committee."

HANNITY: You were nominated for a Nobel Prize in medicine?

HAMMESFAHR: Yes.

HANNITY: In 1999? For your work...

HAMMESFAHR: ... in patients like Terri. For brain injury and stroke patients. We discovered how you get these people better, and we did it for 10 years with Medicare. We got evaluated by the state of Florida and we first discovered a technique that works in people like Terri.
      "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

The nomination letter means nothing. This guy has done nothing significant. And thinking that Terri is going to get better is sheer absurdity. The self aggrandizement is comical.

It's a difficult situation, but her parents would have been much better off many years ago, if they let her go.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

I wish I could read up on this, and actually understand it.
          practice wu de

Comment

this whole thing scares me for reasons that have nothing to do with terry schiavo. this case sets a precedent that, if an issue is politically charged enough, separation of powers doesn't mean shit. even after the case is settled and done, congress can step in and revive it in federal court, if it wants to.

oh yeah, and they can also launch investigations on legal steroids in professional sports, if they want to. after all, that's exactly what the legislative branch is supposed to spend their time doing.

what the hell?

Comment

Not that we are at war or anything.
              practice wu de

Comment

even without all that... congress just doesn't have the right to conduct an investigation on anything it wants, constitutionally.

Comment

Yeah, but baseball has an antitrust agreement with the gov't... so it can regulate.
                  practice wu de

Comment

so you're saying that because congress has agreed to regulate baseball less in one area, it's given itself the right to regulate it more in areas which normally would be none of its business. right....

by the way shaolinstylee, shame on you for getting off topic.
                    Last edited by zachsan; 03-25-2005, 09:33 PM.

Comment

they could at least shoot her in the head, removing her feeding tube is like torturing her to death very slowly and painfully, even a death row boy gets off easier. this world is a very sad place sometimes. my condolences.
                      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

wait...... am i talking about the right thing here? ahhh, fu** it
                        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

removing her feeding tube is like torturing her to death
                          I think with her condition... at least this is what some dude on TV said... is she wouldn't suffer from hunger pains.

so you're saying that because congress has agreed to regulate baseball less in one area, it's given itself the right to regulate it more in areas which normally would be none of its business. right....

by the way shaolinstylee, shame on you for getting off topic.
                          yeah somewhat...
                          I think they are looking to have baseball, our national passtime, to LEAD the way in testing, not be near last.
                          practice wu de

Comment

shoot her in the head.........so she wont suffer. or at least drown her or something, why prolong it? its obvious her husband wants her dead, thats fuc*** up. take care of her till she passes naturally, IT IS YOUR WIFE! then again....il just shut up now, im getting an ulcer.

Comment

Yeah there are so many things wrong with this case, both logically and legally.

The two don't tend to go hand in hand.
                              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                              X