Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

proving existence of the mind(not thebrain)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i suppose the question is, the sum total of who's sensory experience? one person's or mankind's in general?

anyway, in all fairness, the thread is called "proving existence of the mind (not the brain)". it's a simple question really but the kind that tends to get carried pretty far.

Just be. And don't forget to breathe.
    i think that's a song that showed up in one of those mitsubishi commercials or something.

Comment

[QUOTE=shaolinstylee][QUOTE=Fa Hui]I can't help but to chime in here.

It's all good

You'll always have desire, it's the animal in you.
      I think someone may be on to something here.......

This is just how I think...
      plus some snow and things..........
      you know what ppl say about things in the snow right??? ............

Anyway, are you sure it's desire and not nature we'll always be bound to??? Now if we just figure out what nature of what we're actually trying to figure out.........

Comment

Originally posted by daodejing
        Z, to clarify I was defining reality as the sum total of sensory experience.

Frankly, this is all going a bit further than I'd like to roll with it.

Just be. And don't forget to breathe.

Permission granted not to answer . This stuff can get heady at times, but I think that's half the idea.

cheers Daodejing

BTL

Comment

I wrote that during a blizzard...
          either way. Things are more fun in the snow.
          practice wu de

Comment

I think it's natural to have desire, and it's okay. It's not ok to always be pulled along by desire, put it is always going to be desire, and as humans we have the chance to rise above that. They don't get that in the Animal world.
            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Are you certain that the language and concepts they use to describe it when they regain their "consciousness" differ more than the experiences itself (individual variances of road to aside). It's funny how limitations, words, and thoughts work like way, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
              X