• Time
  • Show
Clear All

no worries, thats why we're here...
    practice wu de

Comment

GK, it probably makes you more of one.

Comment

the training regimen for a boxer is very extreme, a boxer relies on constant practice of the weapons in his arsenal combined with rigorous conditioning, finesse, and one on one training with an experienced coach. since all a boxer has to worry about is developing his jab hook and uppercut( basically) these "singled out" weapons that he has conditioned nonstop for at least 4 months have now been hardwired into his body, little time, yet his training is very condensed, sessions usually last 2-3 hours with everything from cardio, to weightlifting, to sparring, to hitting a bag, and more. i would say boxing is not a complete system in itself, due to the lack of grappling techs and all that other wrestling shi*BUT, it will COMPLIMENT any future training in other arts. the most you can get out of boxing is the rigorous training and conditioning + one on one coaching, something that martial arts(traditional) tend to approach in a different way.
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I had a tai chi lesson that cut into my boxing lesson this time. This week he told us, he just wanted speed. Seems that's what the jab is for. The power he wants on the hook, which I learned there is a difference on the hook and cross.
          "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

The guy who teaches boxing sparred with us. He did alright for himself. He did some interesting things. I think that as time goes on other people might figure what he's doing and counter it, but then again he might pick up stuff from us. Supposedly in amateur boxing he's got 95 wins.

He said he was once in a street fight with a karate guy. He said the karate guy kicked him in the leg, and could have won if he had just stuck with something simple instead of doing some fancy stuff.
            "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

You must learn the fundamental punches of boxing in these lessons while also getting in better shape. In order to ensure a full-body workout, we alternate boxing rounds with strength and cardio workouts. Storm MMA and Training Center's boxing courses are for everyone, whether you're seeking boxing classes for beginners or want to improve your already-developed boxing talents.

Comment

Working...
              X