sparring with a ladies bf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparring with a ladies bf

I sparring tonight with a young man is starting martial arts again from a break for awhile. Anyway he has begun dating a young lady I had my I eye. I have nothing against him. Nothing against her. There happy I can find someone else.

When I was sparring with him tonight I tried taking it easy on him. But from the moment go, he seemed to want to beat on me. He laneded a punch to my head. Now maybe I'm just imagining things, but would this lady probably think this "immature?" I wonder,
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

That's why we have skill and techs ..to counter exaccerbated emotions and the way it make it makes ppl behave ( the way that expresses itself) .

He's looking to show you he out - testosteroned you. That's what men and pecking orders do apparently. If you snoozed and lost......or didn't make your move if and when you thought it'd pay off, then you deserved not have a chance anyway. No joy in non-action Greenknight. Besides, if you like someone, who they're sleeping with is a bitching nonconsquesnce. If it's still worth it without the sex, just appreciate her company when you're in it. That's all we ask anyway. Don't miss us, don't follow us, don't change your life for us, enjoy other company when we're not around, and just dig us when we're there . If you're lucky , we might even come back for another round .......... just don't hold your breath. :P

Just be onto his act, know what he wants to do and have a plan for how you're going to deal with that ( as in accept the beating down or employ some counters) . Before you go in for the spar, mentally develop strategies to counter what you think he's going to try. You already have him sussed for intention so your own willingness to act aside, I don't see your problem . Kick his sorry, over confident , over acheiving as* already!

cheers

Blooming Lotus

Comment

Beginners tend to spaz out when they start sparring. It's your job to set the pace of the sparring and if he's getting out of hand (sorry, him "landing a punch" on you head does not count) you should verbally and physically keep him down.
      -Jesse Pasleytm
      "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

The owners don't want the studio to be a dating place. So, that kind of limits when I can or could ask.

Could I crush him? Yes, but that probably wouldn't impress my teacher.
        "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Lay low... find something else, and have fun...

That is why we're here, work hard, play hard.
          practice wu de

Comment

Talked with him tonight. He said he was used to full-contact. Told him, that I'm supposed to go light contact, and it puts me in a bad situation when he's going full-contact. Also had a talk with my martial arts teacher. He said the guy wouldn't do well in full contact. I replied, I know that and you know that, but he doesn't know that. If I tell that to him directly it could look like I'm challenging him, when I just don't want to see this guy get hurt. Which, could happen if we go rough. Maybe I was like that, once, I don't know.

Comment

try inviting him into a back room, and then, when his guard is down, flip out a knife and stab him a few times in the chest. then just walk away.

sorry, i'm in a bit of a strange mood this morning.

Comment

hmm... let me think about this ..... NO

I think that might have a tendency to get the girlfriend involved, or worse such as the police.

Comment

so how old is this guy? I'll tell you one thing, if you beat this guy up in a showcasey manner,(since you say you can) DO IT!!!! why? 1. you will impress his girl and its natural instinct for a woman to want a stronger man. 2. your master would probably get a kick out of it. 3. a little thing called dignity. 4. you cannot always be soft and yeilding just because ur a discplined fighter, sometimes you gotta be hard and deal some swift punishments here and there. yin and yang.
                  "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

no, that'll just make you look like an ass. that's why you should murder him in private, with no witnesses. just remember, hold the knife horizontally, so that it slips between his ribs.

Comment

I'll probably spar him again tonight, no I'm not going to hurt him.

Comment

Seriously bro, just take it easy....

Don't get your emotion over a girl into it.. well, not until you see him outside a bar someday.
                        practice wu de

Comment

dodge his overly exerted kick and sock him right in the face, give him a black eye so that whwnever his girl sees it shell think of you.YEEAAAAHHAH thats what i would do.....thats me though.
                          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I sparred him tonight again. I asked him if he wanted to play nice. He said he would take it easy on me. Fastforward when we sparred, he was still gunning. So I ramped up my game last point was my leg to the top of his neck, with it just hanging there. Maybe he let the other guy win I don't know. But he said nice match, I shook his glove. Then later I said you to go play nicer next round? Okay... So hopefully that's the end of it. As far as I'm concerned he can have the girl. It's not worth it.
                            Last edited by Greenknight2; 04-16-2005, 02:53 AM.

Comment

next time i bet he'll be waiting for that kick. good job. do stance training and stuff at home to get a head start.i bet he has only a couple good moves he uses all the time, if he does, study counters for those moves and really surprise him, you can easily find books on martial arts at most libraries and find some good counter moves as well . i love doing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X