X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• russboasia ITC is OPEN

russboasia International Training Center is now open

One year in the making....

A new concept in genuine martial arts training is now available. For international students all over the world, in a place comparable to none.

More details at : www.russboasia.com

Make sure you take advantage of our contest, for free training in Thailand! Some contest winners to be announced shortly!

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Please be aware that we have finished making arrangements for a "temporary" dormitory style space, a move which will help make training here more affordable for potential students. It is as comfortable, if not more so, than the basic hotels that we were using, and is within walking distance of our training center. More details can be found in the russboasia part of the site.

Also, we are in the process of designing, and soon, building, a rather large training / dormitory /temple complex, here in Phuket. As this facility, and it's location, will be rather unique (and stunning, if we use the place I'm currently working on), we don't expect to have this new facility fully functional for a few months. We're working as fast as we can. In the meantime, our Muay Thai / gong fu training facility is open, and functioning well, complete with boxing ring, workout areas, heavy bags, and weightlifiting equipment. The new facility that we are working on, will complement the one we presently have.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

In keeping with my policy of openness and honesty, I just wanted to let you all know of some of the issues that we have been dealing with here. Some of these issues have to do with the interaction between foreign business concepts and Thai culture.

We had to end our relationship with my long term Muay Thai coach, because of some misunderstanding and lack of comprehension on his part. Essentially, one of my companies here purchased a significant portion of land in Phuket; the manipulations that occurred thereafter in an attempt by certain people to obtain more money verged on the unbelievable. The ending of this relationship essentially removed one of our Muay Thai training centers from our purview.

However, we have other champion level, and younger, Muay Thai coaches at our disposal. We also currently have a Shaolin based and trained Su Jia Di Tz here full time. Another monk is on the way for a few months, either sometime this summer, or, for this fall, depending upon our needs, and other "issues". Shi De Cheng expressed a desire to come here in August, but, that will basically depend upon my whereabouts. Our dormitory / apartments are fully functional, with some professional level weight training equipment, and, room for some Muay Thai and gong fu training. We also have some incredible outdoor beach locations for training nearby.

However, it is not all that we want. So, we are currently in the process of trying to purchase some land to build a full blown dormitory / training facility. Swimming pool and restaurant are some of the associated "ideas".

We have evaluated some areas for rental, however, it seems to be a fairly common Thai practice to play some significant financial games. Long term rental security is not found here too easily, and successful businesses are sometimes subject to incredible increase in "key money" and rental changes. Basically, it's easier in the long run, to just have your company own the facility. We're working on it. Hard. Finding a sizeable piece of land, near the ocean and other useful amenities, is neither cheap nor easy. But, find it we will.

In other news, or, as I mentioned before, "issues", a significant British documentary production company has been in contact with me concerning the filming of some sort of "reality" television production, at russboasia. We're still in the talking stage, but, if anything were to happen along these lines, we're probably looking at some sort of action in the fall. Exactly what is going to happen is a bit beyond me, but, for those of you with "movie star" in their blood, it might be an opportunity. Personally, I hate being on television, as I don't really come off well, and, it makes me look fat and bald.

Yea. That's it.

More news to follow.

russbo.com

Comment

Just wanted to keep everyone posted as to what is happening out here.

Our first international student arrived the other day, from Ireland. We've been training him in gong fu, muay thai, american boxing, and weight training.

We now have a professional level Muay Thai coach that works with us. He is thirty years old, has won three Thailand National championships, and has been in over one hundred professional fights. Doesn't speak a word of English, which makes it oh so much the better. We're currently looking for a couple more to round out our program.

We have Shi Yong Bio coming to live and train with us starting in July, for a period of three months. Shi De Cheng has expressed an interest to come in August, which will be dependent upon my whereabouts. FYI, Shi De Cheng and his Sanda champion brother, will again be staying with me for the winter in Las Vegas. (That may change, dependent upon my current negotiations with a documentary television crew, for the school here in Thailand. Another "evolving" story, which won't be discussed).

As for our facilities, we now have a fully operational kitchen, with a very nicely equipped gym, with professional level weights and a Smith machine. More stuff is on the way.

As we have a need for more space, I am currently looking for more land to purchase, preferably land that overlooks the famous and beautiful Phang Nga bay. If I can put the money together, there is a possibility that I'll be purchasing a few acres of mountain side land, which overlooks the ocean, for the new training facility, soon. A few months of construction, and, hopefully, if all goes well, a brand new school / dormitory overlooking the ocean, by next spring. Keep your fingers crossed.

We're really trying to make it all happen in a big way.

russbo.com

Comment

Well, I'm back, and the school here is doing fine.

The facility is open from 8 AM to 8 PM every day except Thursday, and we have professional level Muay Thai coaches available all day. Along with our high quality gym equipment.

Got some good news: we now have a very nice and comfortable facility in which to house visiting students, nearby. "Nearby" to the point of about, oh, fifty feet from our gym. Air conditioned, pool, quiet, brand new.

And, I might add, five minutes by bike or motorbike to one of the most exclusive and expensive beach areas in Phuket: Laguna Bang Tao.

The prices are ridiculously cheap. (And, we can find even cheaper, though not as nice, accommodations, if desired).

Stay tuned to the Russboasia site, at www.russboasia.com

I'll have more details there soon.

russbo.com

Comment

how cheap is ridiculously cheap, and thats a nice site, i havent been to that in awhile, the slideshow flashplayer or whatever is so pretty
            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Hows the Rock Climbing in Thailand? That would be a fun trip too.
              The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

Rock climbing. Not on the island. But the hongs in Phang Nha bay, and some areas in Krabi (two hours away) do offer that opportunity as far as I know.

As for cheap:

Current "hotel" price near our facility: 15000 THB per month, small room, bathroom, AC, pool, TV, brand new. 18000 THB gets you an apartment, AC, pool, kitchen, bathroom.
                Current "Thai Room" price in town: about 6000 to 8000 THB per month. No AC, pool. typical one room local Thai accommodations.
                Training: Two hours private individual boxing training per day, use of gym and equipment all day, six days a week, 3500 THB per week.
                Motorbike rental: about three to four USD per day. (gotta find other deals...)
                School bicycle use: free.

Beach: free

local food: cheap

Massage, per hour: 300 THB

You're free to arrange other services on your own.

We're small and private. We don't focus on getting people into the ring; we focus on health and learning the art. We like it this way.

russbo.com

Comment

400-500 a month isnt ridiculously cheap lolo, i forgot about rich man lingo i should have prepared my dreams to be crushed

Comment

Maestro, for you, a discount.

I mean, being here for ten years, you're worth it. We'll even throw in a free massage or two every once in a while, but we get to pick the "babe".

russbo.com

Comment

lolo, now your talkin. i love surprises lol

have actually been considering thailand cause i wanna go somewhere before i guess go to school, i really dont want to go to school but i apparently have to..i dunno either way its on my mind often

Comment

so been on russboasia now and again, pretty dead set on going to thailand so if anyone wants to meet/beat me up lolo ill be there in fall hopefully

atm i only have 5 gs saved up and the job i got isnt so good and i only get 30-40 hours a week..and i do got bills to pay but im gonna get another job

trying to save up a good 13-14 gs by oct or nov at the latest..who knows what will happen, regardless i really wanna go

so has anyone been to docs school or to thailand?

Comment

i think you know i went last summer. posted pics somewhere on the site. doc had to go back to the states though, so we never met up.

how long are planning to stay. with 13-14 gs you should be able to stay for a long time.
                          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

with that much cash, at least a few years, LOL.

All depending upon how many women he falls in love with...

russbo.com

Comment

lolo, if i could stay for a good year that would be great, really i wanna stay as long as possible. i dunno about falling in love though, thats the reason that stopped me from going 2 years ago when i was in this same position

Comment

Working...
                              X