Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAVE TOBY!!

can you believe this???

more importantly, can you believe that this guy has already raised $25,000.00??????

people are idiots! but this guy is a genius.

So, why doesn't the russbo underworld devise something to take advantage of the general population?

REAL underworlds do.

(No doubt, his paypal account is self incremented..., though, I admit, genius)
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

ok, at first i thought it was real, then i found a site saying it was fake, and then i re-read that site and realized that it was just saying that another, similar site was fake, not necessarily this one.

there has been real uproar over this among animal-rights groups, and apparently that's why the paypal account was frozen.

Comment

Ahhh.. Snopes.com. Raining on parades everywhere...

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/savetoby.asp
        Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

yeah i saw that site, too. all it really says is that savetoby.com at least started out as a joke (there's no disclaimer anymore), and aside from that, it couldn't be true, because really, people couldn't be that stupid, could they?

i know good debunking, and that ain't it. i'm still holding out hope that it is a hoax, though. not for the sake of the rabbit, mind you, but for the sake of my faith in humanity.

just found this.... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7406483/

The brains behind savetoby.com are two college students on the east coast who agreed to talk to NBC News on the condition that their identities and location not be disclosed.

"We've been getting tremendously varied responses," says one of the partners. "Many of which include death threats almost on a daily basis."

Asked whether the Web site was a joke, he responded, "No, not at all. As a matter of fact, it's very serious. If we don't get $50,000, we are going to eat the rabbit."
          Last edited by zachsan; 04-14-2005, 06:24 PM.

Comment

well you debunked my debunktion.

that's it, i'm quitting my day job and hatching evil internet schemes full time.

Originally posted by zachsan
            ....because really, people couldn't be that stupid, could they?

well yea... sure they could.

Someone paid $28,000 for a grilled cheese sandwich that has the likeness of the virgin mary toasted into it .

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6511148/
            Last edited by plumflower_pm; 04-14-2005, 06:35 PM.
            Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

holy ****in shit jesus quan,

pure genius. i got an idea, we can do the same thing but with a little puppy. my grandma can make adobo out of anything.
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

i think it's illegal to kill puppies, but not rabbits.

Comment

and seals.. which took away one of my alter egos favorite pass times.
                  practice wu de

Comment

Was your alter-ego a great white shark?
                    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

no, it is him, the only thing different about him in his alter ego state is that he only wears a rainbow trenchcoat with swimming goggles and flippers. PICTURE THAT! what about a hamster?
                      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

lol, the vision of someone, much less me, clubbing baby seals, in an outfit like that is funnier dan ish..
                        practice wu de

Comment

Send Steve on Vacation

I need to start the "Save Steve From Going Crazy and Send Him on Vacation Fund".
                          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                          "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

See my entry to the contest.. lol

oh, and there may be a part two
                            practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                            X