Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Is there life after death?" Discussion related to reincarnation.

Fretting over that which you can't possibly know isn't going to help any situation.
    Very true. Perhaps the thread started had something else in mind.

g

okay, so where did this "energy" come from?so without spirituality "you just are?" yet your spirituality is with nature? i must point out the contradictions in your thinking. nature is part of the world, the world is part of the universe, we are products of nature, nature is a product of the universe(the grand design) therefore we are entwined, as all things are. to be complete is to be content with what you are, to be rich is to be content with what you have. to exist is to live, to live is to accomplish your dreams..
    ueshiba speaks of "embracing the void" this void is the nothingness that you speak of, the end point of all things, and also the beginning. god exists, yet we will never understand god,
    the closest we will come to that is understanding ourselves.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

we have theories as to how energy, matter and the universe started out, but as to where it all "came from", nobody knows, nor could possibly know. and honestly, academic fascination aside, who cares? all that we know is that we can't know, so any amount of guessing will be by definition an exercise in futility. and if you look at history, that exact exercise has had some pretty nasty side effects.

all PM is saying (i think) is that she derives her sense of spirituality from nature, without needing to make it seem like more than it is. i don't see any contradiction there. myself, i don't feel much of a need for a sense of spirituality in the first place. to each his own.

The universe is infinite and I had a beer with lunch so ..."What Zach Said."

I am entwined with nature, I evolved from it's very inception on this planet, as did you. We humans are a happy accident of water, sunlight, and time. A lot of the right elements came together at the right time and the whole thing just as easily might never have happened. Science is funny like that.

There is a galaxy in deep space that I have a picture of on my desktop, it contains 65 billion suns, scores of potential planets. That's 65 billion chances for another planet with life, and that's just in that one, insignificant, distant galaxy. The practical world is wonderous enough for me, I don't need to attribute it to a higher power.
    Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

oops how do I delete a message?
    Last edited by plumflower_pm; 04-19-2005 at 07:05 PM. Reason: because I'm lame and double posted.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

haha, billions of suns, but only scores of potential planets?

dang. a score is only 10, isn't it? I told you I had beer with lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by plumflower_pm
    The universe is infinite and I had a beer with lunch so ..."What Zach Said."

. We humans are a happy accident of water, sunlight, and time. A lot of the right elements came together at the right time and the whole thing just as easily might never have happened. Science is funny like that..

ignorance is bliss. no..science is not funny like that. science is ignorant like that. science is a new concept. so you think that we are all just one big coincidence? i guess with your oblivious attitude towards spirituality comes a simple and comforting approach to life and death.
    im not gonna ramble on about futile subjects such as religion or spirituality, i'll just say this, the infinite energy of the universe was CREATED! It didnt just appear out of nowhere. and elements didnt just so happen to combine forming matter and life. there is a set cycle, and there is a grandmasterplan, us humans are just a speck in the whole macrocosm of the universe. not important, we live our lives the best we can, and our belief systems are what keep us going. i know how it feels to be an atheist, i know how it feels to feel the way you do plum, but i realized that i cannot do it alone. maybe this is due to the fact that im going through some hard times, my point is. i will never allow myself to be seperated from god. im not a christiabn or catholic or denominational in any way. with that said, i guess beyond that its all personal opinion, so arguments are useless. death is the source of all fear. love is the heart of happiness
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1357
    im not gonna ramble on about futile subjects such as religion or spirituality, i'll just say this, the infinite energy of the universe was CREATED!
    mmk how do you know that? you don't. It's what you believe. It comforts you, gives you strength. I can't tell you you're wrong, you're doing what's right in your heart.

I believe as I've outlined in this thread. It is my faith. It comforts me and all that.

Not so different from your faith.

true, yet it is only logical. how can energy appear out of nowhere? and then have all the necessary components for life? very true that these are my individual beliefs, and by no means am i trying to push them onto anyone.

i guess i just like to argue about this kind of stuff.

energy=spirit.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast