Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Is there life after death?" Discussion related to reincarnation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha, billions of suns, but only scores of potential planets?

Comment

dang. a score is only 10, isn't it? I told you I had beer with lunch.

Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Originally posted by plumflower_pm
        The universe is infinite and I had a beer with lunch so ..."What Zach Said."

. We humans are a happy accident of water, sunlight, and time. A lot of the right elements came together at the right time and the whole thing just as easily might never have happened. Science is funny like that..

ignorance is bliss. no..science is not funny like that. science is ignorant like that. science is a new concept. so you think that we are all just one big coincidence? i guess with your oblivious attitude towards spirituality comes a simple and comforting approach to life and death.
        im not gonna ramble on about futile subjects such as religion or spirituality, i'll just say this, the infinite energy of the universe was CREATED! It didnt just appear out of nowhere. and elements didnt just so happen to combine forming matter and life. there is a set cycle, and there is a grandmasterplan, us humans are just a speck in the whole macrocosm of the universe. not important, we live our lives the best we can, and our belief systems are what keep us going. i know how it feels to be an atheist, i know how it feels to feel the way you do plum, but i realized that i cannot do it alone. maybe this is due to the fact that im going through some hard times, my point is. i will never allow myself to be seperated from god. im not a christiabn or catholic or denominational in any way. with that said, i guess beyond that its all personal opinion, so arguments are useless. death is the source of all fear. love is the heart of happiness
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1357
          im not gonna ramble on about futile subjects such as religion or spirituality, i'll just say this, the infinite energy of the universe was CREATED!
          mmk how do you know that? you don't. It's what you believe. It comforts you, gives you strength. I can't tell you you're wrong, you're doing what's right in your heart.

I believe as I've outlined in this thread. It is my faith. It comforts me and all that.

Not so different from your faith.
          Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

true, yet it is only logical. how can energy appear out of nowhere? and then have all the necessary components for life? very true that these are my individual beliefs, and by no means am i trying to push them onto anyone.

i guess i just like to argue about this kind of stuff.

energy=spirit.
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

if you're feeling down, get a hobby or something. don't change your beliefs about the world. the search for truth can't be subjugated to the desire for happiness, otherwise, you're not searching for truth at all. in other words, you can search for truth out of a desire to be happy; but you can't let that desire affect - at all - the conclusions you come to.

i was a religious and spiritual person my whole life until i was about 18 or 19. when i finally came to the conclusion that i was basing my entire life on a series of not-so-educated guesses, and that my beliefs had no room for change or refinement, and thus probably had no basis in truth to begin with - well, needless to say, i was pretty damn depressed. for a good few months, at that.

the thing is, i got over it. and the beauty of critical thought has done a whole lot more for me than blind faith and self-doubt ever did.

Comment

in search of the truth, rantings and ravings of a madman

i believe the truth is only more elusive when you try to find it through questioning. the truth is obvious, it is just our own biased life experiences that influence our way of thinking and acting. ok so then i guess the truth is not so obvious, but that doesnt change the fact that it cannot be found through questioning.

along with truth comes belief. it is the life blood of truth. a belief can be passed on in the form of religion. yet beliefs are not truly beliefs unless you truly believe in them, not because thats what somebody told you was right, but because you truly believe in your heart that this is real and there is no way that it cannot be.

reality is real, there is no debating that,(though there are debates on this) yet for that matter, if you based everything on solid observable scientific fact, a thought would be nonexistent.
                science says that they can track thoughts through specific brainwave patterns, yet they cannot place a thought in a controlled environment and conduct experiments on it. therefore they cannot prove that a thought exists.

the physical representation of a thought is an action. i cannot prove that, but science will back it up.

there is a science of the spiritual and supernatural, i think its called metaphysics.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
                  if you're feeling down, get a hobby or something. don't change your beliefs about the world. the search for truth can't be subjugated to the desire for happiness, otherwise, you're not searching for truth at all. in other words, you can search for truth out of a desire to be happy; but you can't let that desire affect - at all - the conclusions you come to.
                  The Buddhist lesson would be that to be happy, cut the ties that attach you to the desire to be happy.

I Buddha-fied zach's critical thinking lesson. Heh.
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

buddha fied, thats what i am right now.......huh huhuhhuuhhhhhhhuuhhuuh

Comment

i heard buddha meditated and fasted under a tree for a year or something like that, and everytime he got ungry he would eat one hemp seed.(WEED SEED .)after that he then had revelations which are the backbone of the buddhist religion.

Comment

Originally posted by daodejing
                        Plum, well spoken.

Fretting over that which you can't possibly know isn't going to help any situation.
                        And comming to facts with the reality that human bodies might and asking yourself what then matters just might.

cheers

Blooming Lotus
                        Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 04-20-2005, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Die. ....human bodies die ............... okay??? .........???

Okay.

Originally posted by flamestep
                          okay, so where did this "energy" come from?so without spirituality "you just are?" yet your spirituality is with nature? i must point out the contradictions in your thinking. nature is part of the world, the world is part of the universe, we are products of nature, nature is a product of the universe(the grand design) therefore we are entwined, as all things are. to be complete is to be content with what you are, to be rich is to be content with what you have. to exist is to live, to live is to accomplish your dreams..
                          ueshiba speaks of "embracing the void" this void is the nothingness that you speak of, the end point of all things, and also the beginning. god exists, yet we will never understand god,
                          the closest we will come to that is understanding ourselves.
                          Personally I am regardless of whatever else is or isn't . On the energy source though , I think it's one of those " have to be there to get it" things .

cheers

BL
                          Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 04-20-2005, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flamestep
                            i heard buddha meditated and fasted under a tree for a year or something like that, and everytime he got ungry he would eat one hemp seed.(WEED SEED .)after that he then had revelations which are the backbone of the buddhist religion.
                            This is a very difficult claim to back up-- there is very little solid evidence Buddha even existed. But as Bonethugz n Harmony put it,

"Keep hittin' that reefer, sendin' me straight to heaven
                            Keep rollin', smokin', and chokin'

Buddah lovaz
                            Gotta learn to smoke the buddah"

Buddah Lovaz by Bonethugz n Harmony
                            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

And thank reality for the ox blade writings and wu slips of ( whereverthef*ck that was ) to support chinese consensus records. No doubt there's more around, but many buddhas and buddhist goddesses have been recorded as being real living men and women in various capacities throughout many tangents of historical note.

Besides...............if you didn't eat for a year then felt a seed pass trhough your body and produce nourishment ( however small) , tell me you wouldn't experience a revelation or three !!

Lotus

Comment

Sorry, quite intermission:

Rob, why have you suddenly become ....dun dun dun.. FLAMESTEP?

g
                                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                                X