No announcement yet.

qi qong doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think about what is happening or try to figure out why the exercise works. This stimulates the wrong part of the brain which interferes in the process. Likewise it is important to believe in the process, or at least suspend judgment.
    Typical snake oil salesman commentary. Amazing what you can find on the internet, isn't it.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Snake oil salesman? what are they trying to sell? all i see is a description in someone elses words of what experience when i do certain excercises.

i agree with most of what he says.

i think to be calm is to be fearless, stress is due to fear. to have a feeling of love for others is to relinquish your fear of them, therefore leaving you in a calm relaxed state, a state in which you can react faster in the martial arts. from my experience at least, which isnt much, but i know a little.

think of it as zen. or maybe chan meditation.
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

How would someone become a qi qong doctor?
        "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Speaking of cryptic posters.............

Originally posted by zachsan
          "Don't expect to do this healing exercise in the morning and feel healed by evening. While effective, this exercise works to stimulate and maximize the body's own healing capacities. It takes time, so don't be discouraged. It will take weeks but you should feel change as your body repairs itself."

oh yeah, that's my other favorite, "it will take weeks". most common injuries will heal after a few weeks, with or without qigong. practitioners nonetheless will attribute their normal healing to qigong all the time.

This is a ch'an tool rather than qigong ( for those that missed it ) and it's just a method to develop your "emotion ( or whatever other stimulation you get and focus on when you hear the music) flick off" switch. If you can learn to do this the effect is immediate.!!! Don't believe everything you read !
          Not rocket science either Masser Splinter , and something about "more information" seems to have some effect on what and whether you ( and or they ) understand or not aswell ....... funny how it all works really .

Blooming Lotus
          Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 06-10-2005, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenknight2
            How would someone become a qi qong doctor?
            Doing a degree in Applied Science majoring in traditional chinese medicine might help .

Lotus

Comment

BTL, if you know of a chan technique that will immediately heal an injury, you really ought to let the rest of the world know about it. it could make you rich, after all.

Comment

Duhh ....... and if it doesn't , something else will!.......... but who cares anyway??? long as I'm happy ya know !

What sort of injury anyway ??? and ever read about the white lotus crew and the boxer rebels ??? Lol if you prefer ignorance though, I don't care. The information has never not been here. It's just interperating it and presenting it literately enough and in terms and concepts ppl can understand. Someone 'll do it ....anmd in english any moment for you I'm sure. They're likely working on it at this very minute!

I know ppl will benifit from it and you know like I do that there is definately some text around. I'm working on the english versions books myself and what ever else I get a yr or two to put onto paper, and the dissertations and med degrees to support it will happen when they do.

Speaking of that though ( getting rich and research and old knowlege and techs and skills etc) I don't know why I've never seen this place mentioned here before, but I've just been offered a teaching contract in Xinjiang China. This place is extreley over-run with han dynasty die - hard traditionalist buddhists carry all sorts of both informastion nd rare gongfu. I also read up on the province and apparently pak mei and crew spent a wack or several there aswell. Exciting for a few reasons so I'll stay in touch and let you know what I find there. Sorry thailand ..... nxt round maybe ???

Btl
                Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 06-11-2005, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Fine! I appreciate your position and generally speaking , the idea that your mind state can have physical impact on your health and recovery is likely as equally ludicrous as it sounds to someone naive to those facts. As most of us here know though, Qigong does improve healing time for it's practioners ( as does a number of other things ) amongst a host of other health benifits, even if it's just a ch'an / qigong breathing and thought management tech to reduce your stress lvls and allow the injury resting recovery (associated with having your brain level frequency output at that rate, and those physiological sypathetic reations you aklready told us you know nothing about and disbelieve ( despite the scientific field study reports regarding it ) or a qigong callethsentics exercise to stretch the blocked spotted limb out and impove circulation and damaged / stagnant fluid explusion) and because of the physiological reciprocation our bodies endear themself to in qigong , as we know on it's broad scale assists these things, or even something simple as to reduce your blood pressure so the injury doesn't exacerbate itself with increased heat and blood flow to the area ( which in normal situations causes additional wound agitation) instead of sending itself into that speedier recovery qigong and so on has been infamous for. Typical ignorant westener perspective you have there Zach, but luckily for you, you are absolutely entitled to spout it! ................as dissapointing as your arrogance is .

cheers

Blooming Lotus
                  Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 06-14-2005, 01:05 AM.

Comment

heh... i can almost never actually end these conversations, no matter how many brain cells they kill.

i believe that qigong might help with pain, and even with healing some injuries, as well as simple relaxation. i at least believe it couldn't hurt, as long as it's not being used instead of more proven medicine. i don't believe that, if a minor cut or a bruise heals after a week, that healing can or should be attributed to qigong.

aside from that, after sifting through your post, i can make out two actual claims (which i'm sure you'll explain away shortly):
                    1. qigong can increase heat in an area of your body;
                    2. qigong can both "reduce blood pressure" and "increase blood flow" (with the heat) in the area, simultaneously.

you're going to need evidence for this if you want me to take you seriously.

Comment

Stop kicking dead horses, you two. Hurry up and load them onto the truck cause the glue isn't as sticky when the horse isn't as fresh.
                      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

it never gets old, LYF. it can't, or i'll have to start working during the workday.

Comment

heh... i can almost never actually end these conversations, no matter how many brain cells they kill.

i believe that qigong might help with pain, and even with healing some injuries, as well as simple relaxation. i at least believe it couldn't hurt, as long as it's not being used instead of more proven medicine. i don't believe that, if a minor cut or a bruise heals after a week, that healing can or should be attributed to qigong.

aside from that, after sifting through your post, i can make out two actual claims (which i'm sure you'll explain away shortly):
                          1. qigong can increase heat in an area of your body;
                          2. qigong can both "reduce blood pressure" and "increase blood flow" (with the heat) in the area, simultaneously.

you're going to need evidence for this if you want me to take you seriously.
                          Look Zachsan, the science I 've given you on it before and that would make the onus on yourself to disprove it but we'll chat it out anyway.
                          I also think btw that that post is the single most naive post I've read you post . ( oh and lol and thx for the payout btw )

Let's start withthe definition of injury . According the Australian Pocket oxford dictionary has this

Injuy : - v.t. do wrong ; harm; damage [ L ( IN-2, jus juris right)]

(Nb - do here implies imo action, action implicative of force, force in the context implying intention / will ......... ch'an -qi'therapy - or NLP correction ( please also see engram audtiting for cross reffing ) resolution.)

I watching the Benny Hinn early morning evanglisim this early mornng ( as I sometimes have on for some noise while I do coffee and stretch and warm up etc for the morning workout sesh) and your agruement came to mind. In no way would I say that I would ever prsonally be sucked in by this guy nor what he's selling, but I've seen for yrs , this man travel around the world and administer some spritual resolution to ppl under the premise of "god has forgiven yoiu and loves you so there-fore you will be and are well) andit rarely fails to make me smile how simplisticly that works for these folks ( despite my own take on why ) . Some of tgese ppl have come in crippled, diseased with all manner of ails including cancer and bone disease rhuematoid artritis and with walking props and machinery etc. They accept "god " and they're healed. This is exactly how soft qigongs work ( conquering the emotional and pschologuical barriers to good health detatching from your negative thought operandi ( similar to what I believe scientology and dianetics to be selling with the reprogramming and so forth , that I myself use ch'an to acheive as do many other chan practioners) opening yourself up to ( however you associatively logicise and name the process to access it ) lack of negative thoughted space ( unversal qi) resulting in expediated if not immediate healing pending the chan experience of it , if not much more rapid though definate physiological repair .

On that though, I think ( best related back to scientological descriptions and terms and concepts, being that's what we've been recently using on it ) it's also implicative ( and imo important to note as crux ) that this phenomena that humanity has been subject to regardles of belief system, culture , location, socio-economy and so on, all alludes to mass psycho - somatica!!! If not directly literally, as a result of the sub-concious decision to effect the behaviour that brings about the risks or fails to pursue the remedies or the psychological barriers that even somewhat more conciously result in the same masochism (s ) and self harm and neglect and detriment .

On a similarly related tangent, I also think that death , even down to the wire is a concious decision for the same types of reasons. Why do some coma patients wake up , some die soon after falling in to it and some come back despite injuries much much worse than the previous examples?????
                          This also fits with my own ch'an insight ( while trying some falun gong qigong techs on for the first time seriously ) I found the first time I truly felt the buddha nature in a deep mediational state ( and also found the BL moniker btw ) and is why I say I believe you can meditate to death or subconiciously bring yourself back . I don't know when it's going to be ok to let go , but I can swear to it. I don't know if I would've liked to go much farther day, and I'll likely never want to go that deep again any time soon.

( shrugs) It's all related and I hope you think about it this time before you decide to reply.

chees

Blooming Lotus

Comment

you have some interesting ideas, to say the least. i'm still waiting on that evidence.

Comment

Back at chya on all accounts. Til then , you're a slightly less educated over opinionated dick. mmmkkk.

cheers

BL

Comment

it never gets old, LYF. .

actually........... it's kind of less exciting when you're just spouting personal and unknowledgable anecdotal bs isn't it ???? You're shitting me. Go read something for chrissakes!

Comment

Working...
                                X