Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here practice Southern Shaolin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here practice Southern Shaolin?

Specifically Hung Gar? If so I need some advice on a school. I moved to a new city, and there is no Northern Shaolin here at least nothing that I know of. I did find a Hung Gar school that's about an hour and a half away. Since I really like all forms of Kung Fu, and I am no longer able to train at my old kwoon because I moved, I'm considering training at the Hung Ga school but I don't know a lot about southern fist. Can someone tell me if this school looks to teach authentic Hung Fist?

Traditional Wing Chun Kuen and Hung Ga Kung Fu school teaching fast hands, accurate kicks, 5 animals, 5 elements, chin na, combat applications, lion dance, and chi gung.

I sure wish someone from the Las Vegas temple would open a branch here in Arizona, let me tell you it would be filled with students because there is really nothing here for Northern Shaolin!
    Last edited by TigerFromShantung; 04-20-2005, 08:13 PM. Reason: mispelled

Where in Arizona?
    practice wu de

Comment

Southern style=useless. lol Especially hungar.

Why don't you try Shi de ru. I think his school is out there.

Comment

OOOOHHHH!!!!!!! HE SAID USELESS!!!!!!!!!*instigation*

from what ive read on the martial arts, hung gar sounds pretty powerful to me, there are also different styles of hung gar, i think even a northern style.
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

All the hung gar I have seen is slow and useless. And the stances aren't deep enough. True if a practioner hits you it will hurt but that is a big IF!
          They are much too slow.

Comment

http://cclib.nsu.ru/projects/satbi/s.../wushu/sm.html

i found this a good source on southern mantis, didnt really understand it as well as an actual practitioner of the art would though.
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

You are ignorant

Originally posted by mortal
              Southern style=useless. lol Especially hungar.

Why don't you try Shi de ru. I think his school is out there.
              Hung Ga is one of the most powerful styles of Kung Fu. Much better than your training with your fake monk master, teaching you Wushu in disguise. I put my Southern fist against your flower forms and useless jump kicks anyday!

Comment

Hey guys I didn't come to fight, and all Kung Fu is great so who cares about what part of China it originated? Anyways, I'm in Phoenix so if anyone knows of a Northern teacher or school here, let me know. I can drive to just about anywhere within the state for good training.

Comment

I study hung gar, but I have yet to find myself a permanent or atleast steady teacher. I am in a similar predicament as you, and I can't really help you finding a new school, but all I gotta say is keep practicing what you know until you come around to one.
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

The only school I know of in Phoenix is this one...

practice wu de

Comment

dont listen to mortal he doesnt know anything about hung ga or shaolin for that matter

if i were going to get information about a good hung ga school in wherever USA id go to www.wle.com WL's students are helpful
                      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I put my Southern fist against your flower forms and useless jump kicks anyday!
                        Wow! I like this guy already.

ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Bring your punk ass to New York www.sifugrados.com.

I would spank you like I was your daddy. Make sure you bring a friend so he could video tape it for the website.

I study wingchun for the record so get your facts straight. I already mastered shaolin. But thanks for playing.

Comment

you talk alot of shit, sorry i dont spar with hotheads, if you want to fight theres the mcthrowdown or whatever in NYC(its run by gung fu people) if you want to set something up that i can train for id be more then happy to throwdown with your bitch ass, you probably arent even in my weight class but thats fine with me bro, you talk a good game on this board but its all good

you know its great you mastered shaolin..you got me beat bro.. i see you study wing chun with "sifu grados" thats nice, i study the garbage of the south hung ga kuen, yknow us hung ga guys are so slow itll probably be a quick victory, of course my sifu was fast enough to compete in the UFC but i guess your better then them to, oh well ill just have to chant my mantras even harder now to hope to attain your skill

cheers brother hope to see you soon
                            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I love this board. Oh yeah, and Wing Chun is a southern system.
                              Last edited by LeiYunFat; 04-26-2005, 11:41 PM.
                              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                              X