Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

temper from Shaolin? (everthing is empty)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temper from Shaolin? (everthing is empty)

Don't tell me you understand it, it's a simple concept,but it's hard to do.

I understand. But does that intitle that I do or do not I practice it? It's up to me.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

To say you get it is of no use, but I think it's interesting to say what you get from it. We look at these things and ponder (sometimes). If it's somehow understandably superfluous to diclose our "knowledge' to others, cool. Why not share your feeling or interpretation though?

Basically to me it says... one needs to first listen, then they may see..

g
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

you are right ,and I am wrong

I am trying to tell these stories because it makes you think. Don't concentrate on the conclusion, you'll have your own ideas about it, I wish it'll relax you in a smile.

Comment

It made me think of what a fool I was, especially younger, I would brag and impose on others that I was so smart. I remember when I just started learning and was serious about kung fu, and how I would brag and gloat. Kick some butt here, a little butt kicking there, and I was almost a master in my mind. It took some good folks to cut me down to size and it took me some deep thinking before I could truly learn humility and the importance of it.

It made me conclude that pride was a tool used to control you and that you could never be truly happy without abandoning it. Pride is something that holds it's roots in arrogance what whatnot.

This man, Bruce, in the picture, is filled with pride in himself that he goes to encounter the Master, that he probably deemed himself fit to be one himself. In his own arrogance, he expected one thing, and recieved another. By losing his temper, he showed that he was unfit to become and recieve knowledge from the Master.

This can be applied in a good lesson; if you don't ask for help, you won't get it. If one will swallow his pride to get help, he will get help. It goes another way as well, but that is kind of off topic.

Comment

yqsqzr, to a certain degree I think these are great. I appreciate your sediments, only... well, I have found that things like this are more useful when there's dialog involved. If we simply read it once, the impression we get from it will probably be pretty superficial, though we may think it's really profound -- kind of like Bruce. With some dialog, we can potentially look at the many lessons involved from different angles, which will subsequently deepen our understandings.

Lei, thanks for sharing... I like this.. and didn't think of it.
            if you don't ask for help, you won't get it. If one will swallow his pride to get help, he will get help

What is the other way it goes that is kind of off topic?

Oh, did you guys notice the Master? Doesn't he resemble someone?

g
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

LOL, I can't seem to put my finger on who it is...

But the other way goes, if no one asks you for help, you shouldn't go out of your way to help them. Unless it is known they NEED your help.

For instance, if you have a pack of gum, you don't go around offering your gum. This would be folly and you would run out of gum quickly. Those who did not need or desire gum might want some if you ask. If someone asked you for a piece, then by all means, give him one.

Comment

Working...
              X