Thai Jumbo Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai Jumbo Queen

I was looking up news in Thailand, don't know what to say until the shock wears off. And no Doc, I do not want to meet this Beauty Contest Winner.

Thai beauty wins heavyweight crown

NAKHON PATHOM, Thailand (Reuters) -- In an era of chiselled supermodels and bizarre weight-loss diets, a Thai beauty contest celebrated women with a bit of flesh when heavy-weight contestants battled for the Miss Jumbo Queen crown.

The annual contest, which aims to raise awareness and money for Thailand's dwindling elephant population, allows full-sized women weighing over 80 kilograms (176 pounds) to show weight-conscious Thais that big is beautiful.

This year, 24 women participated in the contest Sunday at the Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo, 60 kilometers (38 miles) west of the capital Bangkok.

"I want to show people that just because I'm fat doesn't mean I'm any less beautiful or talented," said 18-year-old winner, Tarnrarin Chansawang, who weighed in at 110 kilograms.

Tarnrarin, a bubbly business student and tuba player from Bangkok, took home several prizes, including a Jumbo-sized trophy and $50,000 baht ($1,270).

Judges also looked at other talents of the contestants who mesmerized hundreds of spectators with raunchy dance numbers and revealing costumes.

In keeping with Jumbo tradition, a side award for Miss Jumbo Universe went to university student Thanchanok Mekkeaw for weighing in as the heaviest competitor in the pageant at 182 kilograms.
    Attached Files
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

I know her.

She's waiting for you. Told her that you were a nice guy.

Bring Twinkies.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Well...she's kind of cute. I've had worse!

g
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

year, 24 women participated in the contest Sunday at the Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo
        lol, you're kidding, they actually had this thing at an elephant ground....

And now, weighing in at a robust 400lbs......Thanchanok
        practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
          lol, you're kidding, they actually had this thing at an elephant ground....
          I could not make that up.
          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
          "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

the more I look at her, the more interested I am in going to Thailand, to...train. the possibilities are just endless.

g
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

you could get lost in that. pack a compass.
              Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

nothing really...

just three more posts and I'll break 100.
                Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Working...
                X