Just sick or/of allergies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just sick or/of allergies

I think I have developed nasty alergies since I have moved to Colorado. About every spring, as soon as the trees open up, it seems I get sick. But I never realised I would react like this. I have swollen glands, a slight ear ache, and my nose is a little runny, all on my right side.

Any tips?
    practice wu de

What have you tried? Decongestants, allergy medicines, going to the doctor?

In the meantime to help with the earache, a warm damp washcloth pressed against the area in front of the ear has helped me feel better in the past while i was waiting for the medicine to kick in.

When I've had the swollen glands though I've always had to go to the doctor for antibiotics.

Hope this helps you somewhat and that you feel better soon.

Comment

yeah, I'm going tom.
      practice wu de

Comment

Well Cang Er Zi San is the tcm temporary solution for rhinitis, sinus congestion, and profuse clear or white nasal discharge. I forget the name of the formula you use if the snot is yellow though. And what you're talking about sounds more like a shaoyang disharmony anywho....

If you're looking for a more permanent solution though, I'd suggest building an immunity to local pollens by eating as many locally grown vegetables/produce as you can get your hands on. Also, try local honey. Thats going to contain trace levels of pollen from a wide range of plants in the area. Use the local honey with at least one meal every day. This approach may make you feel worse before you get better though.
        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Well, I found out that my allergies went off the same time that I got Strep throat....

My allergies have cleared up, mostly, but now I'm battling this strep, the doc said I should be better in ~4 days time.
          practice wu de

Comment

And the immune benifits of catabolism and fresh produce come to mind yet again. A clean system and pelvic breathing exercises ( pushing the air into your lower diaphragm and exhaling through your nose) sounds a good option. Lol........... how good is information and the decision to use it ( as opposed to b*tching your woes) Stylee???!!!

( Stylees going to Thailand .......ha ....... Stylees going to .... hey )

BL

Comment

Glad to know you enjoy me being sick...

I'll spend your dds while I'm in Thailand too....
              practice wu de

Comment

Stylee, man, I know your plight. This allergy season has been one of the worst I can remember. I don't usually like to take medications for anything if I can survive through it, but it's gotten so ridiculous to the point where I'll just take a Alevert or Clarinex before I go out.

And thanks for the tips, DDJ. I'll try some o that.
                Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                X