No announcement yet.

Yantai Shaolin Martial Arts Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was asked to post this, in order that the individuals remain anonymous. It presents a side of the Yantai school that most people won't see. And, in my opinion, demonstrates the typical behavior that you find with some of these Chinese and their schools, both in China, and elsewhere.

It's an interesting read. I have changed the names of the people messaging; the names of the Chinese individuals remain the original.

Che is the owner of Siping.
    Su is the owner of Yantai (he used to be a master at Siping before).
    Qu is a master from Yantai who comes to the school to teach.
    Wei is a master from Siping, but now is at Yantai.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

[16:45] POOPEY: ok.. hey, how is Su calculating refunds? i bet it's the same system as in Siping.. monthly, and if you stay 1 day of next month, you have to pay for the whole month
    [16:46] BUBBA BOO: I think so yes
    [16:46] BUBBA BOO: First couple months are alot than the last 6 are in the houndreds
    [16:47] POOPEY: so it's a money trap
    [16:47] POOPEY: once you're there, with "administration fees" and such, you're gonna leave all your money there either way
    [16:47] BUBBA BOO: Yeah hes got it set up pretty well
    [16:48] POOPEY: dont give him credit though, he got this money laundring system from Che
    [16:48] BUBBA BOO: With the 50 dollar cab fair. He even charges two people each 50 dollars for the same ride
    [16:48] POOPEY: no ****ing way!
    [16:48] POOPEY: lol
    [16:48] BUBBA BOO: People that come in pairs of two even pay each 50
    [16:49] POOPEY: so if 4 people arrive at the same day, they pay $200 to him for what costs $8-10?
    [16:49] BUBBA BOO: This is what Qu was angry about, he got alot of kids refunds
    [16:49] BUBBA BOO: Yes
    [16:49] POOPEY: sick man
    [16:50] POOPEY: i've been throwing this idea around of opening a martial arts school.. it's a sound idea, but of course it will have to wait until i learn Chinese fluently and earn enough money in other ways
    [16:51] BUBBA BOO: What kind martial art?
    [16:51] POOPEY: any kind of biz like this requires some dough.. Su basically scammed all his first students to rent the factory building that you're in now
    [16:51] BUBBA BOO: Did they get there money back?
    [16:51] POOPEY: ma along the lines of muay thai, sanda, something more straight forward
    [16:51] POOPEY: no man haha, money back you're kidding
    [16:52] BUBBA BOO: Un****ingbelievbly
    [16:52] POOPEY: here is what Su did (in detail, so give me a min):
    [17:04] POOPEY: he used to teach Taiji at Siping, where he got this idea to open his own school and be so rich like Che Wen Long (owner of Siping). He found a nice place in Yantai, and came back to recruit as many students as he could (secretly of course) to go with him to the "new school" that he supposedly just opened. He took Wei with him because they were always friendly, plus Wei knew many students. They went together to Yantai, but only to visit because t had no furniture, electricity, water, etc., plus Su didn't buy it yet cause he had no cash. So he put everyone in a really poor and shitty Qigong school near LiaoCheng (in west Shandong). Basically he knew the old owner, who i don't think even took the money from Su for letting them stay there. Most students were like "wtf? i'm outta here" and took money with them. Others went home and left all their money with Su either because they're too nice or he told them he would teach them for free if they come to China again. It wasn't enough dough (he needed something like $30,000) so he emailed all students he knew before and told Wei to do the same. Basically tricking us all to come to a shitty place and bring him enough money to buy the building in Yantai... Since LiaoCheng to Yantai he covered us with enough bullshit to last us a lifetime.. and i have NO idea why we didn't just make like a tree from there. Like i said, we were just too stupid. The end
    [17:09] POOPEY: oh and also.. there was an English guy who was going to be his "private investor" and make him a website and advertise it etc. It was some student we knew from Siping (that guy was actually a criminal). They were planning to expand and such, and the guys even gave Su $5000. They were driving around Yantai for a couple weeks, looking for a piece of land. Then the guy realized that Su was trying to **** him (he wanted to write the land papers in his name, and let the English guy pay for it). So he bailed and Su didn't return him the $5000 of course, saying that "it's his training fee for 2 weeks." LOL! I could tell you a story about Siping, which is just as ridiculous.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

what is shen in chinese med. ?

Comment

I don't promote this school anymore. Just ignore my first post.

Comment

all foreigners travelling to china really want is to train some "authentic" kung-fu all day and get a nice hand-job or more from a mildy attractive massage girl at the end of the night. Is that too much to ask. Food? who needs food when you can absorb sunlight and photosythesis your own food with special qi-gong you are learning.
          "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

I've been getting some pretty serious reports concerning the quality of this school, and the financial aspects thereof.

More to come.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I'm gonna have to swing by this school and check it out ! Just a weekend thing. I've heard from some of the Shandongnese here that Yantai has some great beaches ! Plus, I've seen the sites and know what a poor Chinese Shaolin school looks like first hand, I gotta check out one of these world famous places ! All corupt and sh**.
              And Shizo,,, whats the name of the pastry / cake place you and your friends fell in love with ??? It was in Shandong, right ? I'm the guy who emailed you from Shandong a while back.

and, nothing but love to eveyone out there in t.v. land, but,,, Maestro, your Wild man ! You need a leash ! I mean DAAAAAAMMMMMN ! I've only read a couple of your posts and I'm scared I hope your not a big dude too or I'd really piss my pants !
              "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

Maestro is a *****cat who dates far too many fat chicks that inhabit the domain of Dunkin Donuts.

Don't be afraid. We've had him here for years....

russbo.com

Comment

blah blah blah

seems to me there's a lot of whinging and whining from people who know f*ck all. so i went to the source, or as close as i could get... ex students of the school.

So here some mails form people who actually went to yantai....

Hello Renato,
                  Acording to what you are saying, it seems you did not realy get to know Shaolin Kung Fu in a positive inspiring way.
                  I can promise you that will change.

GO TO YANTAI !!!!

The Masters there are GREAT and have alot of respect for their students, and they teach very well.

About your smoking problem, you will be able to blend in to the training but ofcourse it will be harder than someone who is fit.
                  But if you cant do something they will not make you do it.

I really recomend Yantai as the best school in China because the personal training that you get and the great people of the academy.

I have been there only 1 month but I really want to come back for more! I think its a one- in a lifetime opportunity to train there!

I am available if you have anymore questions..
                  Hope I helped..

Sincerely,
                  Sagi shrieber

I was at the Yantai school last summer.

I have never seen Su Shifu drunk or money obsessed. If people could come with some more concrete examples and not so black and white I would not dismiss it as outright slander right away.
                  Also I know some students get weary of training, discipline and everything and decide to move to Yantai and have intercourse with prostitutes every day, some of them will proudly tell of their escapades. some even lie to their family and email please send more money training is very hard blah blah blah.....

I dont know this student, and based on his extreme views I wont even get into a discussion with him.

I have also been to the Siping school for 5 months, and found the Yantai school much better, at least it was last summer.

Regards

Jarl Lundin Jensen

Hey Renato, Its really sad to hear what that person wrote you.
                  Although I did hear from a first source that Siping is a commercialized school with a very bad attitude.
                  But Ive been to Yantai about 10 months ago and it was amazing!
                  Su is a great person and he taught me alot, I will tell you that you HAVE TO SET ON A PRICE AHEAD OF TIME, like any other place you go to.
                  When I closed the fee of training ahead of time, and then came there, they told me I have to pay 300$ more (a one-time fee for study in China that goes to the goverment).
                  I told them it was not on the website and that I set on a price ahead of time, and I showed Su the Email which I saved that shows the price they told me.... so Su told me its OK and that he will pay the study price to the goverment.
                  So you see, ofcourse you have to pay ahead and set a price ahead of time, but it doesnt say ANYTHING about greediness of the school- after all its their JOB (thats what they do for a living).
                  The masters are GREAT and Su is a great person, and besides that- the only lesson you have with Su is one hour each morning.
                  I had a dream to train in China at Kung Fu, and I think I REALLY got that dream there in Yantai, and as a martial artist- I really learned very usefull things to the rest of my training in Martial Arts.

So I guess the person that wrote you is weird and the only reason he had a bad experience is because he made those thoughts in his own head the whole time.

I will certainly go back to Yantai someday!

Anyways, the choise is in your hands man, but I suggest you go and see for yourself, I can promise you that you will not be dissapointed. You can even sign up for a month only and then go on if you want...

Good Luck
                  sagi

Hi Renato,

I think you should decide yourself whether you want to go to train at the school, but I appreciate it's confusing if you read this kind of thing on the internet. I've also done that in the past and felt confused after hearing people with really strong opinions and saying things are a certain way. I was last at the school in January, before that I trained for 3 months the previous summer and about the same amount of time the summer before. I was also at the Siping academy and left with Wei-Sifu and trained with him and Xu-sifu at one of Xu Sifu's master's school. I don't know exactly what's happened at the school, because some students have left as has the preying mantis master. It makes me sad to hear that because I wish the school to really be a success in all aspects.

I believe Xu sifu is a very highly realised master. There are pictures of him in shaolin temple with many monks sitting around him. I think student master - relationship is unique but the student needs to trust the master and surrender in a way to them. Xu-sifu is not conventional normal person, so I don't think you can relate to him on that level. I also saw him get drunk once (this is not unheard of in China!). But I don't know what happened with fight with his brother, but I can believe he is also human and has emotions like we all do. In shaolin tradition, student should have complete respect and earn respect from their master - not the other way round!

I feel very grateful to Xu sifu and Wei sifu for their influence and all they've taught me. I do not think what that person wrote on the blog is actually the case. The masters told me in private that they wanted to save up money so they could buy a temple in the future to continue the school in. I notice that bosses and headmasters and people at the top are often the subject of lots of gossip and bad things said about them.

These are my feelings, but as I say I think it's up to you whether you feel the school is right for you. I haven't been there for a long time now so I don't really know how it's changed. I think the thing with blogs is people always give a really one-way opinion - when in actual fact, things are never that way, although it's easier to think way.

Good luck with whatever you choose, sorry I didn't write sooner, I wanted to give you a considered response,

Best wishes,

Luke Rolls

Anyway, i won't be going to Yantai but only because i'm gonna focus on chen tai chi when i get to china... But for anyone who is thinking of studying external forms in china, Yantai doesn't seem so bad.

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
                  Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Good lookin out !!! It's nice to see someone do some searchin and come up with some info backed answers. Way ta Be ! Big Ups !
                    "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

Monk-a-dunks in Siping & Yantai

OK i trained in Siping for over 1 year and know the school very well and know Su very well, also know Yantai very well as i lived there for 18 months.
                      Siping are completely money mad and have no respect for westerners only our money.
                      At Siping everyone looked up to Su and he seemed to be a nice genuine person. But when he got to Yantai he gradually changed, definatly money & control over people went to his head.
                      I was very good to him when he claimed to have no money i gave him out of my own pocket when he already owed me a big wedge of money.
                      I waited till he got on his feet and returned there with my wife and a male translater to see how he was doing, he was doing great and was happy to see me untill i asked for my money back he owed me then he got nasty telling my wife to shut up and saying take me to court for it. To him the money is alot, to me its not going to leave me on the street if i dont get it. What goes around comes around, SU's day will come.

Students who think he is nice and treat you well you think he likes you, well he doesnt he likes your money.
                      He does get drunk alot and ive seen him fall over in a bush while taking a shit and the mantis guy had to pick him up, i forget his name but he has now left SU's school too.

Also seen 1 of his old students put him on the deck...Hes that good his own student can put him down.
                      Seen him cause bar fights smash bottles over his own head and stand there bleeding.
                      I left him because he was trying to ripp me off evan more then what he did do.

All i can say is its best to keep away from him and his school, its close enough to being Siping a few years ago but in a new location.
                      You have Su from Siping, Wei from Siping, Hu from siping and Xing Long from siping who does not have 7 years of teaching westerners.
                      They are all Monk-a-Dunks.
                      Any Questions feel free to ask.

Comment

Working...
                      X