Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is it that humans think that they are the most evolved lifeforms on earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is it that humans think that they are the most evolved lifeforms on earth?

because we posses the ability to experience emotion? because we can invent things?

i dont think that humans are the highest form of life on earth, no way.

there have been lifeforms on earth that have been here for much longer time and will continue to be here after us humans are gone.

Ants, roaches, bacteria and viruses...

these are all lifeforms that are in my opinion much more evolved than humans.

i think that it is just our egotistical selfish habits of thinking that cause us to feel this way.

the abilities that we posses do not make us any higher than other species of life, they are just unique to us.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

What has evolved more, in evolutionary terms, a single cell organism or a multicelled organism?

Which is more evolved...
    practice wu de

Comment

in terms of survival, evolution is rather irrelevent.

it is usually the simplist most efficient liform that lives on... ever see that movie with david duchovny and that other dude, evolution i think it was... yeah i know, more movie education, but a good point nonetheless.
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

"in terms of survival, evolution is rather irrelevent."

Interesting commentary.

"it is usually the simplist most efficient liform that lives on"

Undereducated commentary

What's the point of this thread?

Comment

Well, he has a good point about simple life forms. Cockroaches have been around far longer than we have, and no doubt, will be around after we're all gone.

Cockroaches and Vegas bleached blonde strippers.

Oh, excuse me, I just woke up.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

No, the most adaptable life forms will live on. Look at a roaches range of habitats...
            practice wu de

Comment

Hence viruses and bacteria's exponential adaptability and durability. I think in these terms, that viruses, bacteria, etc, are in the center of it all, and what brances out in all directions are the development and evolution of other living beings. The longer the line gets, the more evolved, complex, and particularly fragile life. Like a tree, you can cut back these lines to expose the trunk and roots (viruses/bacteria), but the real impressiveness is seeing that tree in it's grandeur in bloom.

I got a little poetic at the end, but you know what I;m talkin bout.

Oh, and what about plants? Those b's don't have to do anything and require so little fuel, yet they are the largest organic things on this planet.
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

oh yeah, how could i leave out the super self efficient forms of plant life, from algae to fungi,

the design of plants are simply amazing, with potential in defense, structure, lifespan, etc.

utilizing every element from the earth to wind water and the sun...

i think that it is safe to say that all life forms on this planet are equal, or equally unique at least,

it is the human species that is disrupting this delicate balance with pollution and over consumption of natural resources.

if humans are yang, and the earth is yin, id say there is an imbalance.

i also think the spirit of a great tree is greater than that of a man, think about it, we are dependant on trees, they filter the air and produce oxygen, they are also much stronger and live alot longer.

Comment

What?? what the...

Comment

it is the human species that is disrupting this delicate balance with pollution and over consumption of natural resources.
                    absolutely different topic...
                    practice wu de

Comment

well flamestep, the examples you're giving are some of the least evolved species on the planet, that is, species that have remained relatively unchanged for milennia, and thus haven't undergone much actual evolution. "most evolved" would mean that species which has undergone the most change since its first ancestors, and while i don't know what that is, i'm pretty sure we ain't it.

but regardless of the question of which species is most evolved, we're easily the smartest, and combined with our opposable thumbs and the fact that we walk upright, that has made us by far the most powerful species on the planet, and the most important (to the rest of the planet).

aside from that i don't know what the hell you're trying to get at, other than "be nice to the environment".
                      Last edited by zachsan; 05-17-2005, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Sounds like more liberal conepts.

I bet you think we humans are just a bunch of occupiers in this little green planet. We should all be shot into space for thinking we are more evolved then everything. Then the more advanced environment friendly micro organisms can rule the earth!

Liberals hate themselves first then move outward from the source.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
                          aside from that i don't know what the hell you're trying to get at...
                          Once again, Zachsan, you are responsible for eloquently saying what my brain cannot compose.

Comment

HAHAHA! bleeding heart liberal dribble,

yeah, i guess we are the smartest, at creating inventing and destroying. what other species could create weapons of mass destruction...

important to the earth? in what way? i agree with agent smith, we are more like a virus on the world most of the time.

i think the most important organisms on earth are the janitors that clean up after our dirty asses, such as worms, ants, maggots etc...

dont get me wrong, i love being a stinkin homosapien sapien due to the countless perks and benefits(recreational sex,legal drugs, and the ability to make music), but i wouldnt mind being a bird of prey or a dolphin either.

my point? i dont know, it was just a ramble that i had to myself one day when i was sitting on my friends roof just staring away at every little detail from ants to plantlife, and of course ive been sober for a month up till then but my friend was going away so i decided to smoke a special cigarette with him...

but we are still the most self centerd, egotistical species i have seen yet, and the only ones capable of destroying this wonderful planet... world war 3 anyone?

Comment

Ummm...you say humans are the least evolved, in turn for viruses and bacteria, but you just agreed that humans are like viruses.

"i agree with agent smith, we are more like a virus on the world most of the time."
                              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                              X