Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is it that humans think that they are the most evolved lifeforms on earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, i guess we are the smartest, at creating inventing and destroying. what other species could create weapons of mass destruction...

important to the earth? in what way?
    you just answered your question, and then asked it.

one reason that we're the most important species is that we're the only one with the ability to destroy most life on earth. so, what happens to us is a little more important to the earth as a whole than what may happen to a species of dolphin.

Comment

Careful zach, let's not insult the dolphins.

Don't want ret law talking to them, and sending all sorts of negative energy your way now.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

i think he already has. have you seen the phillies play lately?

Comment

That shouldn't be shocking Zach.....

disapointing, but not shocking.

Back to humans.. we roxor the boxor.... just so you know.

Are tools are so far above and beyond the otters, this shouldn't even be a debate.. oh, and you are communicating via an electronic device, which was invented.. are you getting this, maybe you should be taking notes.

in terms of survival, evolution is rather irrelevent.
          In terms of survival, evolution is everything...
          practice wu de

Comment

oh,

i see your point. so humans pretty much have the fate of the world at their fingertips(little red button)

interesting point. humans are important, in a malevolent, and extremely volitile way. and that doesnt change the fact that at least sixty percent of the world are idiots, and at least ten percent of those idiots are in control of all that goes on around us. *coughgeorgebushcough*

i guess those janitor creatures will have their work cut out for them after ww3.....
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
              That shouldn't be shocking Zach.....

disapointing, but not shocking.

Back to humans.. we roxor the boxor.... just so you know.

Are tools are so far above and beyond the otters, this shouldn't even be a debate.. oh, and you are communicating via an electronic device, which was invented.. are you getting this, maybe you should be taking notes.

In terms of survival, evolution is everything...

well,

humans have developed the ability to create tools in order to survive...we need them, and without them we would not survive. other species do not have to rely on tools for survival, because they are not soft and weak like humans. it is sad to realize that with the rise of technology, we as a species will not evolve anymore, well at least not as much as our technology will.
              computers are a means for communication over long distances, well in that case dolphins have sonar... and recreational sex.

p.s. i heard a pigs orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

and without them we would not survive.
                That is a load of ish...

Other animals do use tools, and what did we do before we had tools...

The distance of a dolphins communication is far less than what humans are capable of...
                Bonobo's have been known to masturbate, doesn't mean much, other than they prob. have the same satisfactory reaction as humans.
                practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
                  That is a load of ish...

Other animals do use tools, and what did we do before we had tools...

The distance of a dolphins communication is far less than what humans are capable of...
                  Bonobo's have been known to masturbate, doesn't mean much, other than they prob. have the same satisfactory reaction as humans.

what did we do before we had tools? we were hunted... we threw rocks and picked up sticks...

other animals use tools? really? by saying that you mean that animals create and use tools... i dont think so. most animals have natural tools.

Comment

who cares if we need tools or not? we have them, and they make us the strongest species on the planet, end of story. this is so ridiculously obvious that again i need to ask what the hell it is that you're getting at.

i really hope that aliens don't exist, or, if they do, that they're not reading this forum, in which a human is trying to convince other humans that humans are weak and pathetic, as compared to mold and cockroaches. this might actually be an historic low point in the course of civilization.

it is sad to realize that with the rise of technology, we as a species will not evolve anymore, well at least not as much as our technology will.
                    why exactly is that sad to realize?

Comment

To answer a nasty question simply,

arrogance.
                      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

evolution is rather irrelevent.
                        Well in the case of bacteria it is their ability to multiply rapidly combined with short lifespan that gives them the ability to adapt and survive in just about any environment.. it is evolution in action..

It is evolution that made humans what we are today, we didn't pop out of a hole in the ground with the brains and abilities we have now.. millions of years of evolution went into our development and fortunately made us quite successful. The lucky fact that we live on dry land helps too!

However in the grand scheme of things we're still just insignificant dots on the face of this planet, which in turn is an insignificant dot in the universe. Mother nature has a way of reminding us who is boss now and then.. like an earthquake that triggers a tsunami that wipes out hundreds of thousands.. our impact on this planet is minimal and transient compared to the forces of nature.

Comment

ddj, i don't get it. creating technology to make our lives better is arrogant? or is it just arrogant at the rate we're doing it? or is it arrogant because we're affecting the world around us?

Comment

it is sad that humans will not evolve anymore, since technology does most of our hard work for us. the human mind is an amazing thing, but i doubt it will ever evolve into its next form. i doubt even that humans will be around for another million years, or thousand for that matter.

Comment

We are the highest evolved because we are lazy. Tools were created and are used today as a forms of getting food faster, expending less energy, etc, etc. Just thought you'd like that perspective.
                              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Has any one mentioned primate's jaw and tooth changes?
                                practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                                X