No announcement yet.

Development Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doc, how are the current students looking? Are you being well-received by the public? Because if I heard about a local MA school with a gym, computer lab, and hookers...well, I don't know if I'd ever leave.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

We're doing ok with the locals. Fitness centers are not a common thing in Thailand, it's kind of a new concept for these people, unlike America. Really. I was quite surprised. Exercise is not something that they go out of their way to do. But, it's starting.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I'm moving into a new apartment, so I'll be out of the gym in a week or so. Which means, housing will be available here, for special circumstances. "Hookers" will not be available at the gym though.

Sorry. Can't provide everything.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

I've been way out of the loop with regards to the website these past few weeks. ****ing overwhelmed here in Thailand doesn't start to describe it. Between a month long visit from mom, visits from other friends, moving into a new place, and getting the gym set up and functioning (along with a lot of down time from this damn weather change this month), I've been "busy".

Russboasia is now functional. All three floors of it.

Bottom floor is full of professional level weight lifting equipment.
        Second floor: aerobics stuff. Bikes, treads, elliptical.
        Third floor: boxing and gong fu. Padded floors, bags, etc.

All air conditioned. All near the beach.

Because the facility is full of work out gear, we no longer have housing at the school. Affordable housing is readily available nearby.

It's open. Finally.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Here's some photos from our new facility.
          Attached Files

russbo.com

Comment

We have found very decent and new affordable housing, within a hundred meters of our gym. There is a housing complex within walking distance, where three bedroom "Thai style" houses can be rented for about 300 - 400 USD a month. The houses are screened, some with air conditioning, with three small bedrooms and western toilet / shower. Some have built in kitchens and laundry facilities. Clean and relatively small, they would easily house three to six people comfortably. To put "comfortably" into perspective, the accomodations would be far superior to anything found in a Chinese school. Which, I guess, doesn't say much, does it.

Nearby hotels range in price from 20 to 800 USD per day in low season, to 100 to 4000 USD per day in high season.

russbo.com

Comment

Greetings,

I may have some experience with muay thai once I get to thailand. We'll have to see how it works out. So yeah, also krag maga. But I really want to train in okinawin kobudo, so I can finish my blackbelt in it. That way I won't have to go around saying I got a brown belt with it.

sincerely,

steve
              Agreenknight, Greenknight2

Comment

Working...
              X