Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traditional Shaolin Gong Fu

Dear Doc
    Just wanted to know if you know of anyplace or shaolin monk in Australia were I can learn traditional shaolin gong fu?

I have no idea. Never been there, and I have not heard of any monks from the temple relocating down under. Maybe a member of the gang here will have a better idea.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

I'm unaware of any songshan shaolin in Australia, but have heard of other good kung fu there. Hey, when she comes back, you can erm, talk to BL...
      practice wu de

Comment

There's one in Brisbane. I wish I was back there training instead of being here in NSW.
        www.shaolinkungfuguan.com.au

Comment

Yah. This guy ( Ram ) that runs the shaolin guan out there is a student &disciple of Decheng (highly famed shaolin old school wuseng / martialmonk) . He ( Ramish) has alot of experience in shaolin and daoist art , particularly Taichi, has travelled throughout both China and India studying his arts and shaolin philosophies etc and knows a few things about a few things. Last I heard he was trying to raise 5 mill to build a Doc style temple replete with monkage.
          I've chatted to him myself over seminars ( in post China travel / sars like recovery and half dead and luggageless ) where he's had some monks out ( disciples of Suxi mind ) ( and on Wang Yu Ming of Dengfeng CITS fame as interperative entourage) , but personally , he shat me with his ignorance and boy student sex stares and bs comments when I was trying to train , lack of qigong and such and I was gone.
          It is definately good home style stuff, but what you can get him to show you is a whole other story. Just because ppl have info it doesn't mean they're syllabus 'll suit. Worth a good consideration anyway and at least some fit and skilled students to bounce a comparative off. Check it out and enjoy.

Btw: mind fat boy though , beacause his emporor's fist form 'll blow you away........... directly after he dies on his warm up run.

cheers

BL
          Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 05-19-2005, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I live in NSW though.

BL what were the bs comments? and Does he lack knowledge in qigong or does he just keep it to himself?

Comment

if chen xiao wang is still in aus, hes your best bet imho

but thats taiji..not shaolin
              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Shaolin Kung Fu Sydney

If you would like authentic traditional training straight from the Shaolin Temple itself, then you cant go past Sifu Brett Russell, of the Sydney Shaolin Kung Fu school. He is a 32nd Generation disciple of Shi De Fon (31st Generation Shaolin Fighting Monk) and he is also internationally ranked by the chinese government as 4th Duan.
                We do alot of traditional training and learn very traditional forms such as Er Liu, Hong Chen,Gin Gong, Fu Si Chuan, Shaolin Tai Chi and Rou Chuan, various Arhat/Lohan forms and many others.
                Im pretty sure he is the only official Shaolin Disciple in Australia and one of the very few who are actually ranked and recognised by the chinese government.

If you'd like more information than get back to me and I can give you contact details.

Comment

Well since this is a traditional SGF thread, am I correct in that the very few legit American SGF schools are in Houston, Vegas, and Brooklyn?
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Define legit....
                    practice wu de

Comment

As in too legit to quit?

g
                      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I think we all know how legit that was.
                        practice wu de

Comment

Yes, Onesp1ng, 2 legit. 2 legit 2 quit.

Nah, I meant legit as in run/taught by monks that are legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Wang Lang
                            Thanks for the replies guys. I live in NSW though.

Bugger ha! There are a few respectable enough deciples and shifu etc for shaolin all around Sydney and even all the way up and down the eastern board. I have a few names and no.'s somewhere. Where abouts are you???

BL what were the bs comments? and Does he lack knowledge in qigong or does he just keep it to himself?

Not at all. Being the nature of qigong though , and his mind being more busy elsewhere, I think he just decided it was something he didn't want to explain at the time. Obviously when you teach that , particularly with newer students or beginners, questions come up and although a shifu always has the right to not answer ,it's really got to be something a teacher needs to do imo without too much other jazz on his/ her mind. Luckily I've been doing it for around 15 yrs myself and could continue elsewhere or alone or whatever, but I wanted new traditional iron skill forms ( as opposed to the freestyle self forms I'd been having fun with around the time ) anyway and he was drinking and having sex so it didn't suit. I have no idea what he's doing at the moment..... but like I said, check it out.

The sexual comments were nothing huge and nothing any one usually admits to , but I'm female, often the only one, and some of the students are often young , idiots or both. It happens and if I don't feel like dealing with it I'll leave.

Let us know if you go and what he sold you.

BL
                            Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 05-24-2005, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Does drinking and having sex make you a worse practitioner of iron skill techniques?

Comment

Working...
                              X