Kali / Silat & JKD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Do you not understand the word? I'd be more than happy to define it for you. Just ask.
      practice wu de

Comment

I was letting you off the hook .......
        but since you want the long version; all I'm saying is that no-one here is perfect ( except the underworld when they're lavishing my account or Onesp1ng when's he's lavishing lotus worship ...............or Doc when he gives free training away ) and it's deluded to think no-one else knows this.

Remember Toto .........you've never even left Kansas yet........

Cheers Stylee and get the hell out of town sometime soon ha!!!!!

BTL

Comment

The only perfection I see in myself is in all my imperfections, which doesn't really make much sense btw.... and thus I'm perfect......

ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Perfection does not exist; you can always do better and you can always grow.
            Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Pls see meditation thread.

Comment

I don't know PM. OK, so we can always learn and grow, that I will agree to, but I think there are many places, times, events and things that exist in perfect perfection, atleast in the moment, just depends on how you relate to and perceive them... In my eyes, to say perfection does not exist is a little exaggerated. Actually, I had a pretty good 菜包 (cai 4 bao1) this morning, that's for sure... and how I do enjoy those delicious breakfast goodies...!

g
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

hmmm... this is semantics, but to me it's like the word "unique"... either something is unique, or it isn't, there are no varying degrees of uniqueness, as there are no varying degrees of perfection.

I hesitate to use the word because even if something seems exactly right within a specific moment... should you define that as perfection? Does that not cast a shadow on all future experiences of that one thing?

If you do reach true perfection within yourself or even within a breakfast, isn't it an empty victory because by definition there can't ever be anything better?

much like the famous chinese curse, "may you achieve all your goals", the joy of life is in the continuing journey, the continuing improvement.
                  Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Perfection happens empirically, uniqueness happens by nature.

and yes, you can quote me on that....
                    practice wu de

Comment

Well, the discussion of a perfect self compared to one in relation to objects is a bit more complex since we use our subjective perceptions to categorize things within our given experiences.

perfection

n 1: the state of being without a flaw or defect [syn: flawlessness, ne plus ultra] [ant: imperfection] 2: an ideal instance; a perfect embodiment of a concept [syn: paragon, idol, beau ideal] 3: the act of making something perfect

I think I'm basing my opinion on the 2nd definition above, whereby my breakfast goodies take on various shapes and sizes, but, regardless, they always do the perfect trick, which is to satisfy my hunger and wake up taste buds. It's the same everyday, something I find in it's simplicity to be perfect, because I'm not being critical of it.. I like to eat them, they are good.

It's like....if you're satisfied with something, is it flawed to you? For me the answer is that it's not flawed, thus I'm content to suggest that it's perfect...though, like you said, it's basically semantical......
                      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Curious, Onesp1ng. Very curious.
                        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Yeah, but couldn't it always be better, and that moves it more towards perfect, does it not...

I guess though I would want to be careful of mixing up good, better, and best moving things towards perfect, but I don't think it's much of a stretch.
                          practice wu de

Comment

lol, this is classic, simply classic. People calling each other out, when they don't know bunk about what they are calling out. Then someone blows a whole through something, and the argument back is nothing or ignored...

oh, and the what ifs.. the what ifs definitely put the frosting on the cake that is already mangled
                            practice wu de

Comment

oops i fell asleep.... not another "nothing is perfect arguement"...
                              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Ok, so language is inherently problematic for the reason that you can say something which seems perfectly intelligible to you, but is misinterpreted by the listener.

In terms of people, it seems that after extensive intellectualizing (or the rationalizing) of our existence and place in the world, there're those who don't perceive themselves as perfect because there's new things to be learned and areas of growth to be investigated, apparently suggesting the perfect specimen is something we're incapable of actualizing. I guess I see the flaw in this and therefore the stance that we as humans aren't perfect.

However, if we have a discussion based on things in general, like the things slash objects we use from day to day that assist us in achieving particular chores, then I'm not easily convinced. I mean, what isn't perfect about a key that opens a door, maybe the sound of your childs voice, clouds, wind swooping cross while you work some gong fu in a park one rainy night under trees, or my breakfast?

g
                                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                                X