Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PETA members get charged with animal cruelty

take that you human-hating bastards!

Two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have been charged with animal cruelty after dumping dead dogs and cats in a shopping center garbage bin, police said...... The two were picking up animals to be brought back to PETA headquarters for euthanization, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said Thursday.
    oh, ok then. false alarm, they were just picking up some dogs and cats so that they could kill them. because remember... killing animals isn't wrong, killing animals if you're not PETA is.

PETA were the ones that came up with the brilliant (and not at all revolting) comparison of the meat industry to the holocaust. if we were to continue that analogy, what exactly would this be?

I saw this story on the TV news, was not sure if I had heard it right. Why was PETA dumping animals? PETA are a bunch of freaks, they were protesting outside a KFC Convention here in Vegas at the begining of the year. The broke a few windows of the Rio Hotel and harassed a bunch of the restaurant managers who came to the convention. Guess they don't like their chicken, make mine Extra Crispy with cole slaw and mash potatoes, but PETA likes McDonald's and Denny's (???), check out one of PETA's websites, www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com , its pretty funny. I am sure that I wiil see them again next week outside of the Ringling Bros. Circus at the Orleans trying to stop the use of elephants and tigers for entertainment.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

stop the use of elephants and tigers for entertainment.

now that's just idiotic...
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Chickens are inquisitive and interesting animals who are thought to be as intelligent as cats, dogs, and even primates. When in their natural surroundings, rather than on factory farms, they form friendships and social hierarchies, recognize one another, care for their young, and enjoy a full life of dust-bathing, making nests, roosting in trees, and more.
        funny..

Then there is Pamala Anderson. "Like, killing chickens in so bad." Why, Pam? "well, it's just like cruel, right? Sure, Pam, if you say so.
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng
          now that's just idiotic...

Idiotic, yes, sad but true.
          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
          "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Anyone who has actually spent time around chickens will tell you they're not only amazingly stupid, but filthy as well. That said, they are also delicious.

I am certainly not advocating the cruel treatment of ANY animal, but PETA's general geurilla approach of "kill 5 humans and save one rabbit" sucks.

I read recently about Dr. Temple Grandin, an autistic woman with an extrordinary insight into animal behaviour. She has redesigned slaughterhouses for KFC and other chain restaurants so the process of becoming our food is far less frightening to the animals. Less stress, less injury to cows and people.

http://www.grandin.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Grandin
            Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

"kill 5 humans and save one rabbit"
              Ahh, Plumflower, you're just such the romantic!
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

the fact that these people can delude themselves into thinking that chickens are as intelligent as primates makes it hard to take anything they say or do seriously.

Comment

Zachsan, are you, by any stretch of the imagination, trying to insinuate that chickens are less or inferior to primates? Would that make you a communist?
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

lol... that would make me a chicken-lover. but not in the sense that PETA wishes, i fear.

Comment

The best part is most PETA types are against the death penalty. You can't kill a chicken, but someone who killed his family with an ax should live.

You gotta love the left.

Comment

you say that likes it's a contradiction mortal, but it's not. the basic thought is: nobody but nobody deserves to die, not the chickens, and not even sociopaths. naive and misplaced obviously, but at least it's coherent... moreso than a bunch of guys espousing a "culture of life" for unconscious embryos and brain-dead people, whilst advocating the death penalty and war on the other hand. (for the record i endorse both the death penalty and war on occasion, but then again i'm not "pro-life").

anyway, what makes absolutey no sense to me is the PETA stance against drug testing on animals. so what if these tests could eventually lead to a cure for alzheimer's, or cancer? so what if they've already lead to therapies that are keeping PETA members alive? millions of human lives are obviously less important than those of a few thousand lab rats.

Comment

see how logical and reasonable the left is? don't lump us all in with the extremists, Mr. Helms.

Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

well mortal's somewhat of an armchair extremist himself, so that's his job.

that said... when i think "liberal", my brain doesn't really follow with, "logical and reasonable". something more like "confused" usually.

Comment

very confused. case in point (in my own town):

About a half dozen demonstrators were arrested by Philadelphia police today as a march by a few hundred protestors reached the front of the Pennsylvania Convention Center where the BIO 2005 bio-technology convention is in its last day.
                              sounds sensible enough. a few hundred people gather in center city to protest cheaper and safer food and drugs, or maybe just progress in that direction. whatever. then it gets really strange...

The marchers, far smaller in numbers than the protestors during the 2000 Republican National Convention here, carried signs bearing peace signs and protesting genetic engineering of tomatoes.... [sic] Around noon, about 200 to 300 hundred skateboarders made their way from South Street to Love Park where they skated briefly until told to stop by some rather tolerant police officers. Among the group was Eric Widder, a 17-year-old high school junior from Catonsville, Md. who had driven up from the Baltimore area with three friends. "I'm going to skateboard until they take my board away," he said.
                              what... the ****... do Peace and skateboarding have to do with genetically modified tomatoes?

Comment

Working...
                              X