Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muscles and strenght for fighting efficiency(not for sowing off on the beach!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flow
    Juszczec,thank you to think i'm stupid but when i'm thirsty i simply drink,i wont let myself die!Nah kidding.
    No, I don't think you are stupid. Lots of smart people dehydrate as well.

Its one of the things I think is worth repeating - like warm up before ya work out, stretch etc etc.

Clubbells looks very intersting to me,but once again i'm not actually ready for spending on it for personnal reasons(hem hem).Maybe later.
    Heck, I'm not about to pay close to $200 for 2 10lb weights. For a while I used screw lock dumbbells with weight on only one end. When I realized Clubbells were longer than what I was using, I bought longer bars from ebay - cost $12 with shipping.

If you search the rmax.tv forums you'll find a thread where people post about their Clibbell alternatives. There's even a link to a website that discusses the different options, their pros and cons and how to make them.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll try to dig up the references.

Oh,Holyfield and Tyson are very nice people,i wont peace them off..but still i don't like to see them fight,they are bulls(and one of them eats ears...behhhhh!).
    So is being heavily muscled an aesthetic kind of thing with you, like how I don't like when I'm clean shaven?

I'm sure than in this gang there are still many resources and tips for strengtening and muscle training,i beg you all to go on
    I'll post mine tomorrow.

Mark
    Karate/Jujutsu at Akron Shaw JCC

Comment

I am still convinced that some body builders can't fight so well in our kicking sports so well.In wrestling or boxing,well i won't say anything even if in thoses sports i prefer to see skinny men,they're faster and i like it.Ok it's maybe because my weight is 64

Firstly I want to say on this, that imho, this is an eating Zen thing and related to complex carbs and the types and frequenciesof sugars ppl ingest. Try 4 day cycles of feeling the difference in your body and playing with it. Also have another look at the protein and destabilsation thing ( Bruce did with electrolic / magnetic means and I do with alcohol).
      Huuuge diff........ and just quietly it comes down to being committed or not , wanting it or not and making the decision to take it or not. ............

(BL Tianshi:just one more kg to loose and i will be Bruce Lee!Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!)for 1.80m(noooooooooooo!).No jokes,for me Lee had the best body you can dream of for the arts of fighting...Yes!I want to train like him,somebody knows how?

I balked at the thought of someone suggesting they could tell you this as I first read it, but again, I think we are really acutely aware that what defined Bruce ( besides being in a country where he could eat protein to hearts content ( ) ........and no pun intended so scuse ..... )
      in his martial capaity and what we know of that drove him to journey to the west and the adversity inspired insights that this mans performance bounced off, is his zen................ Imo, that's what it comes back to and further imo, that's what always will................. that and qigong point manilpulation , callesthenics and breathing techs..............

If i wanted to be bigger i could but i don't eat much proteins and i don't lift heavy-but still i can be muscled no?I have nothing against body builders but it's not my stuff(i don't go to gyms others than my club and i like it to be natural).

This is such a crazy misconception ppl often get! The only way you get the extra bulk is when you give the additional protein something enough to bond to in the anabolic process ( like complex carbs). Ppl do this because it's so well known how carbs are "they key to energy production". .............. as it turns out, if you can destabilse your protein intake that can usually take up to 10 or so hours to metabilsm, you can unlock and use in lieu the energy from your protein !!! And it gets better....... apparently ( fat has an albeit less efficient (without d*cking recipies and phs etc to maintain leanness and yuk to that too often btw ........... )energy too!!!!!!!! ................. hence the caloric count..................

It is also really widely accepted that complex carborhydrates are responsible for nerve stabilisation and respectively brain organ function ( as opposed to the flluid quality and respectve reactions our proteins provide like memory and mood and so on................) and therefore must be included. If you do this with unlimited fruits ( preferabley soft and pulpy ( peaches / mandarins / plums / permissoms / tomatoes etc ) or highly watery ( like watermelon ) , or highly vit c infused fruits and vegs and other raw based matter..........to aid speedier elimination ( and brace yourself if you do the teas and or fibre supplements, because it's does get extremly speedy ( though predicatable nonetheless ) and occassional watery or starchey veg as opposed to and often in lieu of more porous / coarse thick fibred veges ( like califlower and broccoli and beans are great btw and with corn ( and nuked eggwhites omlettesk style ) even better ) and grains ( besides really occassional wholemeal or rice or pumpinikel breads or flours ( sp?) ) then a daily serve of a regular 10 - 15 grams of complex carbs ( or around 25 % ratio in gms additional carb intake max : bw ) , is ample and Impapo ( professional and personal opinion) the best way to avoid the body builder / football player syndrome in the joint restriction in particularly stance work and higher repped activities ( not even mentioning cretinism because it's irrelevant though totally ( and agin imo ) related to the same ) and still be adequately fueled to perform at peak with total daily max density and function . Just don't forgert when you do the extra complex carb days hit your higher resistance and plyos the same night and the nxt day ( both morn and taper through evening ).

But these are personal opininons.Of course i won't challenge someone who weights 30 kg more than me.But i noticed than even seen by categories it's often the most sharp and dry who has the best speed and heart who wins.Of course not 100/100.

I would like to ask to Maestro what are these Indu push ups?Never heard of it...Very interseted as push ups are a part of my routine.But qi,well i don't really know about it,my girlfriend who is Chinese heard of it but doesn't know how to train it,in fact she doesn't give a ****,lol i'm more chinese than her sometimes!...I did some Chan' meditation one year ago but it didn't last and long,and i didn't have enought time for it,really.After training i have to take care of a lot of things.Daodejing,what is Hata yoga?Is it something very particular?I don't know yoga at all.

Juszczec,thank you to think i'm stupid but when i'm thirsty i simply drink,i wont let myself die!Nah kidding.Clubbells looks very intersting to me,but once again i'm not actually ready for spending on it for personnal reasons(hem hem).Maybe later.Oh,Holyfield and Tyson are very nice people,i wont peace them off..but still i don't like to see them fight,they are bulls(and one of them eats ears...behhhhh!).

I'm sure than in this gang there are still many resources and tips for strengtening and muscle training,i beg you all to go on i think it's important to search on it and for everyone to find the most perfect routine for himself.

Anyways i have to stop here,

Cheers my friends,bye

Best post before the clock dies.......more in a sec

cheers

BtL

Comment

hindu pushups are what a wrestler might call a "saturday night"

look at the website i posted www.bodybuilding.com

matt furey also has a good article about hindu pushups, i think its on my website but im not sure right now
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Do these decline ( feet elevated to seatish lvl ) in sets ranging from 50 to pyramided lighter rep sets and then come back to straight lvl and feel the difference!!!

great ref shot on that site btw Maestro.!!!!!!!!!......... really.... Good link and highly dig the search feature

cheers

Comment

np lotus it is a good site

the article is here http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Furey1.html about hindu pushups
            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Here is a instructional with pics on hindu pushups http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler19.htm

There is also http://trainforstrength.com/ this site has great body wieght exercises.

Flow what are you training in? You mentioned you don't know what chi is, but it is a cornerstone of many martial arts. You also said, "I am still convinced that some body builders can't fight so well in our kicking sports so well." Well body builders don't tend to work hip flexors because in competitive body building, you don't see them. I barely ever work with kicks. My kicks suck balls because my hip flexors are weak. But again, do not assume body builders are fighters. Especially serious body builders, who work out only for competition. Fighting is not on their mind. You can't assume that just because someone looks powerful that they are wonderful fighters. This is not always the case. I am not accusing body builders of being bad fighters because they are body builders, I am instead focusing on why you think a man who has never trained for fighting in such an aggresive tone.

This works two ways. You think the beast of a man is a threat when he has never thrown a punch. You think a worm of the scrawny man who has callouses on his knuckles.
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

This will be short as i am in a hurry...

I first trained karate when i was 13 yo,for one year and a half.Then i stopped and went back to MA at 18,to Muay Thai,and i loved it and realized that my karate was crap(no offense here).i Trained for two years with Amar Tatem my master in Paris,and had 3 fights only in Amateur(won 2 on 3).
                I trained this year in Boxing 'cause i moved to England and in my actual town there was no Muay Thai club,but still i train my kicks waiting for september when i will go to London and definitly find a new MT club.I will surely one day try Saolin Gong Fu,but in China only.

That's why Qi is not so familiar to me.Hey thanks for the web page i couldn't find it and hindu push ups are great(thx maestro too).
                BL Tianshi i'm sure you are right but i'm not professional and simply eat what my gfriend cooks,which means rice nearly everyday,chicken and vegetables....I don't really diet for my sports...I just eat normally.

Have to go now but hope to see you all later
                Bye for now
                The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

Flow

Last night I said I'd post the weight training routines I've used over the years.

Here goes.

I started out doing strictly machines and body weight exercises:

machines:
                  lat pulldown
                  bicep curls
                  tricep extensions
                  bench press
                  leg extension
                  leg curl
                  squats

bwe:
                  crunches
                  pull ups

Then I added dumbbell bicep curls.

After several years of this, I stopped using machines for upper body and started using some chishi that I made. I took a dumbbell that had collars on both ends, removed one of the collars, added weight to the end with a collar and slowly performed some basic karate techniques while holding them and stand in horse stance. I did 10 reps of these techniques:

high defend
                  low defend
                  inside middle defend
                  outside middle defend
                  reverse punch
                  backfist

I still did leg extensions/leg curls on machines.

I still did crunches. I also did a stepping drill for the legs:

stand in an extremely exaggerated forward stance, front thigh parallel to the ground
                  step forward 10 times keeping the head level
                  step backward 10 times keeping the head level

Then I went to a mix of machines, dumbbells, Therabands (big rubber bands) and bwe:

machines:
                  lat pulldown
                  tricep press
                  bench press
                  shoulder pulls

dumbbells:
                  bicep curls
                  tricep extension
                  shoulder raises

Therabands:
                  rotator cuff
                  hip flexor, extender (whatever does the opposite of hip flexion), adductor, abductor

bwe:
                  crunches
                  stepping drill from above

Then I added:

free weights:
                  bench press
                  bicep curls
                  tricep extension

bwe:
                  crunches
                  Scott Sonnon's 4 Corner Balance Drill

In the last few months, I've bought some of Sonnon's material. This says alot because I'm cheap and think really really hard about spending money on anything exercise related. I'm performing his Warrior Wellness (I don't like the name) flexibility/range of motion routines and picking and choosing amongst his Clubbell exercises.

The thing I like about this is you can go to the forums on the website he maintains and get your questions answered.

I continue to do crunches (I've started doing them slowly as opposed to fast). I alternate crunches with hip raises or planks. I'm still doing Sonnon's 4 Corner Balance Drill and the Therabands for shoulders and hips.

Anyone want to talk about cardio?

Mark

Comment

let me just say for the record that mike tyson is not a nice guy.

Comment

Juszczec,i can see you routine is extremely complex and well thought,but i don't use weights,i just kick heavy bags and do push ups and crunches.It would be usefull to anyone here who uses machines anyway.Do you have some exercises wihout machines for the crunches and push ups?That's all i do...

I found very interesting Lei yun Fat's websites where it is about exercising by pulling only your own weight...Awesome for me,i'll try for sure these indian techniques for muscle training,damned how didn't i think about it before?

Ok still convinced i am that many techniques are sleeping somewhere...
                      Hey tyson is a nice guy-when he sleeps-(if he sleeps)
                      The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

Do you have some exercises wihout machines for the crunches and push ups?That's all i do...
                        I'll talk to my brother. He did no weight training in college other than a series of push up variations and crunches

We did the same crunch workout, but I've changed mine a bit recently.

I'll collect all the info and post it tomorrow.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
                          muscle mass is obviously an asset in a fight, anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something, or monologuing in a bad kung fu movie. this is why we have weight divisions in boxing and MMA tournaments - to keep it fair.

size is just another advantage, just as a weapon is an advantage, or MA training. the idea is that you want as many advantages as possible when you're in trouble. anything can happen, but you want to tip the scales in your favor.

what a gwailo load of w*nk!!!!!!!!!! What've you put on weight recentrly or something??? Whern the bejigger has that ever been true ??? ( for more info please see skinny starved and depraved monks and chinese townfolk fighting and winning against larger gwailo and then check bruce lee and other tcma sigung traveller warriors for notes on the same! ) Another idiot statement from you Zach and that makes 2 ! ( shakes head and walks away)

Lotus

Comment

Flow ,

I had a really good look at this for you because I think what you're after in crux is another one of those things that you only need hear once and you're good with something solid to take away for life . I'm likely going to be banned here fairly soon, but take note because it's genuine information on performance and jazz that most ppl never never acheive ...............

firstly on the hindu pushups, when you get down to the nose square floor . / head up / neck long bit , try rocking fwd onto to the top of the balls of your feetand keeep your archillies and ankles down,. palms ( or knuckles or whatever many fingers ) flat shulders sturdy and back and down, and see what it does for you .............. I did this in mornings sesh myself and you can't refute the differences .

I also think the information on jings here is going to help you out big time with this( and wthehell sent me those belief net.com subscriptions my inbox gets flooded with daily btw ??? .........and for the record , haven't opened one if you wondered )

the thing about the jings Flow, is that they come in threes and grouped in groups on threes relating to our body and strike alignment etc. Ie 1. knuckle / shoulder / same side hip bone .
                            2. ankle/ hip / shoulder
                            google on this and read up on tcma alignment principals because I think it'll really help you out.

Remembering that besides being qualified to instruct this and having sh*tloads of experience and daily hours training clocked that I know others here don't have ( because they've said so and no I don't care if they have a problem with me repeating the ) and because we share a body type , I
                            Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 06-29-2005, 06:57 AM.

Comment

have come to realise ( in mad martial professor mode ) that rather post a hugelong list for you of excerises , If you can come to grips with the jing thing and work them in simultaeneous groups of 3 then groupds of groups and at different llengths / rotations and heights and angles............... for 1-200 reps peach set for 1000 - 3 at intervalled widths ( as you do in your flexibilty iso training with thighs ) , then you are going to be in awseome shape.

I am going to Xin Jiang in October and likey shaolin / dengfeng soon after for 6 - 8 - 10 weeks whatever.

We should do drinks and chats..............

You're enthusiam gets me plugging for you and I dig that you're like that............

really ........ It excites me and I have info to help you. If not , providing your good with it, we'll phone chat one hour and hash out something sweet.

cheers Flow and happy trainings and hardships

Blooming Lotus

Comment

Hi folks

Originally posted by blooming tianshi lotus
                                what a gwailo load of w*nk!!!!!!!!!! What've you put on weight recentrly or something??? Whern the bejigger has that ever been true ??? ( for more info please see skinny starved and depraved monks and chinese townfolk fighting and winning against larger gwailo and then check bruce lee and other tcma sigung traveller warriors for notes on the same! ) Another idiot statement from you Zach and that makes 2 ! ( shakes head and walks away)

Ummm, I've not been reading the forums lately so I don't know any backstory that may have contributed to the above comments. Please keep that in mind as you read the following.

Taking it all at face value, Zach said weight (or size, or strength or muscle mass) is an advantage and you want all the advantages you can get when it comes to self defense.

I see nothing wrong with the statement.

I fail to see how the comments about the apocryphal heroic Chinese monks and villagers and that bastion of martial knowledge, the actor Bruce Lee, have to do with the simple fact that increased size due to muscle mass is an advantage, as is increased strength with or without significant increases in size.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X