Clear All

damn west-coast hippies.

Comment

HA! Whats up now??

Comment

What, you wanna fight? *is running away*
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Yea thats right, keep running!! (said from under a rock)

Dao- I was serious about the question tho.

Comment

As for hitting like a whip, I was under the impression that whipping hand movements were in alot of styles, while I'm sure it's true that with improper form and lack of conditioning there is a possibility of injury (namely hyperextension of the elbow or shoulder) I've never gotten hurt from whipping a target. Except for a palm tree. Those things are frickin tough.

To whoever asked where I go to school, I'm in Emperor's College of Traditional Oriental Medicine, on Wilshire blvd.
            Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what you mean by disconnection of upper and lower body in a whipping punch. The punch doesn't whip at all unless the two are connected, and the cracking of the whip comes from a snap of the waist. But again, there's always the possibility for injury with bad form.

Comment

I'll get back to you on that one. I'll have to think about how to word it i guess, as i am often bad with descriptions.

Comment

a few questions

okay, I'm hoping this will help me clear up anything. Anyway, during mediation qi rises too the head. qi =hormones. When qi reaches the head it, is crushed by the shen which is the biomagnetic force? Then Jing goes down ? what is Jing?

Also, the force is like a current, so which way does it flow in the human body?
                  "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

for risk of sounding like a broken record i'll try to keep mostly out of this. but according to most TCMers, qi is not hormones, and shen is not biomagnetic force. "qi" has many possible meanings, hormones not being one of them; and "shen" (correct me if i'm wrong DDJ/other people) has something to do with the mind or intention.

not to confuse you, but i have on occasion heard qi compared to "biomagnetic force", or any number of things like that. also, some people describe everything as qi, in which case i suppose hormones would be qi, except, so would be your shoes. so qi is not hormones in the way you're thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
                      for risk of sounding like a broken record i'll try to keep mostly out of this.
                      I think the method here is repeat the tired arguement so that the refute will also become such.

Comment

haha, well then, it worked. but seriously, i didn't get the impression from GK's post that he was trying to repeat an argument, so much as ask an honest question.

Comment

To clarify, first of all, thank you zack.

Some people have compared JING (not qi) to hormones, and QI (not shen) EMF or BMF. Both are partially correct and partially wrong. An electromotive motive force might be a manifestion of qi, but it would terribly innaccurate to say that all qi manifests in EMF's.

Not all of the qi in the body is going to the head. Only a small amount of pure yang qi enters the spinal cord and is led up to the brain. The Qi is not crushed, the qi feeds the shen, and then eventuallly when the shen is cultivated enough, it becomes empty, and then emptiness is crushed. When the emptiness is crushed the embryo is born in the void. Then you must raise the child, nourish it throughout your spiritual pregnancy, and rear it into an adult.

They say if you can do this and raise the spiritual embryo properly, by the time it becomes an adult, it will be strong enough that you will no longer age.

I hope that helps confuse the issue. What i've given, despite its vagueness, is the standard alchemical recipe for daoist immortality. Its supposed to be vague. Don't confuse by mistranslating it into hormones and electricity.

Comment

Working...
                          X