Qi >> Jing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qi >> Jing

Any one know about the process of turning chi into jing....i've been practing qi gong 4 a long time but i have not een taught this, anyone know anything about it?
    thank you

well, when you are at the stage where you are able to manipulate your chi, such as sinking it and pushing to the hands and feet, try standing meditation, after accumulating chi in your dantien, imagine your bone structure and ignore all other parts of the body, then while inhaling, push the chi into your bones.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

From what I've gathered on these forums, try not to ejaculate. Ever.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Ok..master splinter, thank you for that.

Lei Yun Fat, so are you saying I can release no sperm to attain this level....lol..c'mon you gotta be kidding me

Comment

Check out the Ejaculation thread.

Well I don't know how to replenish my chi and wash my bones n shit, so if you are anything like me, as well as interested in turning chi into jing, then don't go 'round jackin off.

But ask Daodejing. He's the man.

Comment

Thanks, that thread helped alot with what you said. I have always been taught that sex weakens you, alot, but its never been broken down like that to me. Domo

Comment

So here's the deal. Turning jing into qi. STEP 1 build up a rediculous amount of qi (you probably shouldn't try this unless you've completed 100 days of qigong practice with no ejaculation). Focus on your dan tien, in standing meditation.

This is what works for me. Draw up the qi from the vessels of the legs as you inhale. So, on the inhale we draw our focus from the earth, through the feet and legs and into the dan tien. On the exhale we focus entirely on the dan tien, stoking the fire. Inhale up from earth, exhale fire to dan tien. Repeat. Alot. After a while you're belly will become downright hot.

Step 2, repeat step 1 until the heat is nearly unbearable. Eventually, the fire seems to cool and turn white from the normal red color. At this time we lead the qi we've generated (the white fire) directly up the spinal cord into the brain. We do this with reverse abdominal breathing, by lifting the perineum and compressing the lower abdomen while inhaling and focusing on one of 3 points for the entire inhalation (either A baihui: crown of the head, B: yintang: the center of the forehead, C the center of the inside of your brain) As we exhale, we focus again on the perineum, inhale, focus back on the head. AND DON'T FORGET to lift the perineum on the inhale, which closes the entry to the du mai thus directing the qi to the chong mai.

That's the simple way. The more complicated ways involve drawing jing and qi directly out of the sky during sex, while not ejaculating.
              Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

all i can say to you is, practice standing meditation, condensing breathing, and sinking the chi to the dantien, the mind follows the breath to the dantien, and relax.
                "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

DDJ, i think he wanted to turn qi into jing, not the other way around. unless that's what you were describing, and you just mixed up the words in your first sentence.
                  Last edited by zachsan; 07-12-2005, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Well thank you all for your helpful input. I was spelling what I meant wrong. I meant chi to 'jin', I have just seen it spelled 'jing'. I believe jing is essence, and jin is explosive power. As in the jin that is created out of certain types of qi gon and energy gerneating movement. I guess my question would be how do I create this power? Or will it naturally manifest itself when I fight since I have been practicing qi gong for a while?

Domo
                    Soredewa mata

Comment

ok. thats completely different. Practicing whipping your body, and throwing punches without moving your hand (using rotation of the lower spine to move arms) and just relax. Different jin require different training, the only ones i really work at are whipping, shaking, and coiling.

Take a look at Dr. Yang's book, The Essence of Shaoling White Crane, its all about qigong and jin.
                      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

this might help clarify to you what jin and chi is...Jin training is a very important part of the Chinese martial arts, but there is very little written on the subject in English. Theoretically, Jin can be defined as "using the concentrated mind to lead the Qi to energize the muscles and thus manifest the power to its maximum level." From this, you can see that Jin is related to the training of the mind and Qi. That means Qigong.

Traditionally, many masters have viewed the higher levels of Jin as a secret which should only be passed down to a few trusted students. Almost all Oriental martial styles train Jin. The differences lie in the depth to which Jin is understood, in the different kinds of Jin trained, and in the range and characteristics of the emphasized Jins. For example, Tiger Claw style emphasizes hard and strong Jin, imitating the tiger's muscular strength; muscles predominate in most of the techniques. White Crane, Dragon, and Snake are softer styles, and the muscles are used relatively less. In Taijiquan and Liu He Ba Fa, the softest styles, Soft Jin is especially emphasized and muscle usage is cut down to a minimum.

The application of Jin brings us to a major difference between the Oriental martial arts and those of the West. Oriental martial arts traditionally emphasize the training of Jin, whereas this concept and training approach is relatively unknown in other parts of the world. In China, martial styles and martial artists are judged by their Jin. How deeply is Jin understood and how well is it applied How strong and effective is it, and how is it coordinated with martial techniques When a martial artist performs his art without Jin it is called "Flower fist and brocade leg." This is to scoff at the martial artist without Jin who is weak like a flower and soft like brocade. Like dancing, his art is beautiful but not useful.

It is also said "Train Quan and not Gong, when you get old, all emptiness." This means that if a martial artist emphasizes only the beauty and smoothness of the forms and doesn't train Gong, then when he gets old, he will have nothing. The "Gong" here means "Qigong," and refers to the cultivation of Qi and its coordination with Jin to develop the latter to its maximum, and to make the techniques effective and alive. Therefore, if a martial artist learns his art without training his "Qigong" and "Jin Gong," once he gets old the techniques he has learned will be useless, because he will have lost his muscular strength.

Often Jin has been considered a secret transmission in Chinese martial arts society. This is so not only because it was not revealed to most students, but also because it cannot be passed down with words alone. Jin must be experienced. It is said that the master "passes down Jin." Once you feel Jin There are general principles and training methods which an experienced martial artist can use to grasp the keys of this practice. If you practice patiently and with perseverance, and remember to remain humble, to question and ponder, you will no doubt be able to learn Jin and become a real master.

Dr. Yang has been involved in Chinese Gongfu since 1961 and has more than thirty years of instructional experience. Dr. Yang has published twenty-four books and twenty-eight videotapes on the martial arts and Qigong. Currently he is president of Yang's Oriental Arts Association, Boston, MA.

Comment

Dao, I know you study TCM, but where? Hey look at that, all of us on this page are California boys.

Comment

Originally posted by daodejing
                            The more complicated ways involve drawing jing and qi directly out of the sky during sex, while not ejaculating.

Holy crap! Time to get a girlfriend. What a pickup line, "Hey, wanna have sex? We'll be doing the environment good by recycling excessive aerosol qi!"

Dao- I dont remember where, but i remember reading somewhere on another forum that you shouldn't hit like a whip. I think the reasoning was the lack of connection between the upper and lower body. any comments? I tend to think there's situations where one could hit this way, but if the connection between the legs/hip and torso/arms is lost, it kind of makes sense that you are losing power and structure by compromizing this connection.

Comment

Gee, great job dogchow, now we have three Californians and one Oakie. Way to make yourself the black sheep. It's okay though, we'll still take care of you when you get old.

Comment

Working...
                              X