why should i ignore it?

i have done so before,

i have indulged,

ignoring my path,

if i see the way,

why should i turn from it?

why does one ignore the truth?

for we are all wise men and women,

if we only think a moment before we act.

we can all see the truth,

for it is not hidden,

so tomorrow is a new day,

tomorrow is hope,

this grand mystery of life,

unfolding,

we cannot tell what happens next,

but we can tell,

if we are following,

the righteous way.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

why does one ignore the truth?>>>Which truth?Do you know one?

if we only think a moment before we act.>>>sometimes we even think after,and it can be full of consequences!

Please show me the righteous way because i live in a world where i don't see any
    The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

well think of it this way,

when you realize something in your life that can change it, or find error in your ways to correct, you have two options. 1.) take heed of your own revelation, or 2.) stay the same.
      within us all, we have the ability to decipher right from wrong, but do you know of anyone who does not succumb to desire or selfishness?
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I definitly couldn't decipher right from wrong,for the main reason that which is right or wrong for me won't be right or wrong for you or for you neighbours or even your relatives.So i decided to admit that these notions were purely subjectives.

But i won't deny the fact that we all have feelings of revelations through our lifes.And in a way after that happened no one could stay the same because it's too strong and stays burned in our subconscious.Then we go further again untill the following feeling of revelation,which will be again and again followed by another untill we die.By this way there is no truth but only a following of personnal truths,subjectives.

So i'm trying to accept that this following of events are not permanents as nothing in this life looks permanent to me,everything dissapears one day and something else takes place.We all get tricked by our momentaneous feelings.

As all i said is only subjective,please don't take it seriously.
        Peace
        The East? The West?

Comment

[QUOTE=flow]I definitly couldn't decipher right from wrong,for the main reason that which is right or wrong for me won't be right or wrong for you or for you neighbours or even your relatives.So i decided to admit that these notions were purely subjectives

the first step in deciphering right from wrong is knowing that you can, for example, we see radical terrorists who kill in the name of their god, to them this is right, and they will die for it, though how would the world see it? there is a righteous way to follow, though it is not hard to be pulled from that and influenced into evil so much as to not be able to see how wrong it is to kill hundreds of people in the name of your god.

(QUOTE)But i won't deny the fact that we all have feelings of revelations through our lifes.And in a way after that happened no one could stay the same because it's too strong and stays burned in our subconscious.Then we go further again untill the following feeling of revelation,which will be again and again followed by another untill we die.By this way there is no truth but only a following of personnal truths,subjectives.

personal truths are not absolute, but biased thoughts accomodated to you. there is a big difference between the truth and YOUR own truth.

(QUOTE)So i'm trying to accept that this following of events are not permanents as nothing in this life looks permanent to me,everything dissapears one day and something else takes place.We all get tricked by our momentaneous feelings.

we do not have to be tricked, though most of the time we choose to be

Comment

That's the point:can you understand that these people are not specially devil(even if of course i don't support them).They were just manipulated since they were born,and if you were one of them,born in the same place and living the same life,you would probably be like them,because it has to be(even if i would prefer it doesn't).They truely think they're right for some reasons we won't truely understand.We all know it's easy to manipulate a child:many terrorists were brainwashed till childhood.Raised up in hate through hate,by hateful people who believe in a hateful and revengeful god...

I'm also one of these people who believe that your president and many others(not to say all) are also terrorists and kill many civils everyday,while they praise themselves to be believers and Christians!!!!!

The big difference between my own truth and THE truth is that one exists and the other doesn't.I prefer the one which doesn't,or which won't be said with words,or which won't be seen,which i couldn't make a statue with and prostrate myself in front of, felling glad to have captured the truth that i like,that i possess...No it doesn't sound absolute to me.Nobody possesses the truth,and for believers noone possesses god.

So you are one of those who believe in choice?When was the last time you had the feeling of a choice?When you see behind things don't you realize that this choice you made was the simple consequence of a cause?Do you really think you are your own master?

Pleas forgive my English and i hope you will understand my view.However,
            Peace
            The East? The West?

Comment

Originally posted by flow
              That's the point:can you understand that these people are not specially devil(even if of course i don't support them).They were just manipulated since they were born,and if you were one of them,born in the same place and living the same life,you would probably be like them,because it has to be(even if i would prefer it doesn't).They truely think they're right for some reasons we won't truely understand.We all know it's easy to manipulate a child:many terrorists were brainwashed till childhood.Raised up in hate through hate,by hateful people who believe in a hateful and revengeful god...

I'm also one of these people who believe that your president and many others(not to say all) are also terrorists and kill many civils everyday,while they praise themselves to be believers and Christians!!!!!

The big difference between my own truth and THE truth is that one exists and the other doesn't.I prefer the one which doesn't,or which won't be said with words,or which won't be seen,which i couldn't make a statue with and prostrate myself in front of, felling glad to have captured the truth that i like,that i possess...No it doesn't sound absolute to me.Nobody possesses the truth,and for believers noone possesses god.

So you are one of those who believe in choice?When was the last time you had the feeling of a choice?When you see behind things don't you realize that this choice you made was the simple consequence of a cause?Do you really think you are your own master?

Pleas forgive my English and i hope you will understand my view.However,
              Peace

so correct me if i am wrong,

your view is that: you do not believe in an absolute truth, you do not believe in an absolute evil and you do not believe in an absolute righteousness. You also do not believe in choice, and you do not believe in being the master of your own destiny?

well on the contrary, i believe that there is an ultimate righteousness, i believe that there is an obvious defining line between good and evil that we can all see more later...

Comment

[QUOTE=master splinter]so correct me if i am wrong,

your view is that: you do not believe in an absolute truth, you do not believe in an absolute evil and you do not believe in an absolute righteousness. You also do not believe in choice, and you do not believe in being the master of your own destiny?

well on the contrary, i believe that there is an ultimate righteousness, i believe that there is an obvious defining line between good and evil that we can all see, and if we ignore it then we are easily susceptible to evil. i also believe that the choices that we make shape our destiny and our free will is the defining factor in the way we live our lives. we are always in control and we all have the ability to follow the righteous IDEAL.

Comment

please explain
                  The East? The West?

Comment

walk the path naked and your aura keeps you warm.

Comment

Ok i will!Thank you.
                      The East? The West?

Comment

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
                        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

there is a truth that we can all awaken to.

permitted? by who?

here is an article i found that relates to what i am trying to say.
                          Spiritual growth is the ultimate goal of our lives. One way to reach this goal is through self-discipline. Our sub-conscious mind, which is linked with our spiritual being, constantly urges us to reach this goal, causing guilt in us when we stray or are lazy. This feeling of guilt eventually stimulates our conscious mind, and gradually, we learn how to discipline ourselves and conquer our laziness. The process of spiritual growth normally takes four steps: Self-Recognition, Awareness, Awakening,and finally, Spiritual Growth (or freedom from emotional bondage).

In order to reach these higher steps, we must have a strong will and be willing to face the challenges. The first gre at obstacle to spiritual cultivation is conquering laziness. I remember my White Crane master would always say. "You are your own biggest enemy. If you are able to conquer yourself, you will be able to conquer the entire world." This implies the difficulty of this self-conquering process . Often we set up a goal or make a commitment but most of the time, we fail due to laziness.

I personally have been setting up a working schedule for my life since I was 16 years old. However, initially, due to lack of self - recognition, I would always set goals based on my imagination rather than reality. Naturally, this imaginary schedule could not be fulfilled and my goals could not be reached. Every time I failed, I despised and felt pity for myself. Eventually, I realized that the problem was that the goal I set up was impossible for any normal human being to reach. I learned to modify my schedule, making it closer to reality, based on my capabilities. Even with a more realistic plan, I often failed to reach the expected goal. It was difficult to have a plan which could be executed 100%. Every time I failed, however, I became more humble. Slowly, I have been waking up. Learning to understand Life is not easy.

After so many years have passed, I now have two rules—to push myself as much as possible in order to achieve my goals, and to comfort myself so that if I fail, I do not become discouraged and depressed. One is Yang and the other is Yin. From this process, I have slowly come to understand the meaning of my life. It is as simple as this: I continue to challenge myself.

Comment

[QUOTE=master splinter]there is a truth that we can all awaken to.

permitted? by who?

here is an article i found that relates to what i am trying to say.
                            Spiritual growth is the ultimate goal of our lives.Our sub-conscious mind, which is linked with our spiritual being, constantly urges us to reach this goal, causing guilt in us when we stray or are lazy.
                            "You are your own biggest enemy. If you are able to conquer yourself, you will be able to conquer the entire world." This implies the difficulty of this self-conquering process . Often we set up a goal or make a commitment but most of the time, we fail due to laziness.

Every time I failed, I despised and felt pity for myself. Eventually, I realized that the problem was that the goal I set up was impossible for any normal human being to reach. I learned to modify my schedule, making it closer to reality, based on my capabilities. Even with a more realistic plan, I often failed to reach the expected goal. It was difficult to have a plan which could be executed 100%. Every time I failed, however, I became more humble. Slowly, I have been waking up. Learning to understand Life is not easy.

After so many years have passed, I now have two rules—to push myself as much as possible in order to achieve my goals, and to comfort myself so that if I fail, I do not become discouraged and depressed. One is Yang and the other is Yin. From this process, I have slowly come to understand the meaning of my life. It is as simple as this: I continue to challenge myself.[/QUOTE/]

First i don't see here any notion of good and evil and still cannot figure out where do you draw this so called line you told me about.As well as any form of righteous way but let's say you're talking about general and individual spiritual research.

I totally agree with your master's sentence,it's one of the needs every spiritual person,every man,has.Even Jesus quotes from the bible(i say quote because the new testament is entirely written by persons who never met him) it is said:"Know yourself and you'll know the whole"-bad translation i know.

But in what i read here,i see someone totally based on himself.YOU fix your goals,YOU try to achieve them by YOURSELF and YOU blame on YOURSELF if you cannot reach them.It looks like a circle with no escape:everything that comes out from you will straight go back to you.I see no freedom in it.You are the one who PLANS and the one who SOLVES.

But at least thanks to this thought process you realized that "life is not easy" and "became more humble".You finally accepted that you were human,also made of flesh and wicknesses and that there was no reason to feel guilty if you fail sometimes because we all have to assume this part of the path.If you stop blaming yourself nobody else could blame you.There you start having some spiritual freedom.Many things will come from the outside and be part of your spiritual evolution.

Alright,i'm not saying that it is not a good thing to challenge oneself because without this condition,without this self commitement nothing could happen as everyday is a fight against our nature,since this day we were born and our first comment on life was a scream of disagreament.I'm just saying that it's important to let the outside of the world play it's own role as a king on who we have no mastery(we will all burn our eyes if you try to look at the sun)and put some trust in it.

Then let me give you this picture.
                            Put 10 people in front of a mountain and ask them to draw it.Do you think there will be one single similar drawing to another?No.But does it mean there are ten mountains?No!Still there is one mountain and 10 different pictures.The mountain doesn't care.

Ok this is just a try and i know these conversations never end,but please reply and argue.

See ya
                            The East? The West?

Comment

Splinter is right so don't argue with him. You need to learn to listen and really ponder upon every single word that you hear or read. Even if it may take years. There is truth in everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X