No announcement yet.

the truth is always right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To clarify: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Truth has never existed, and will never be. Truth is a word. An idea that only has meaning when we compare it to "that which is not true". True and false are relative terms at best. Only words or interpretations can be true or false. Phenomenon simply are. That which exists is beyond truth. That which has no words has no truth. Everything is an interpretation and thus open to debate. Truth is not finite. Truth is not graspable. It is only known by the letting go of the duality true/false.

Neitzche was perplexed with the question "why do we worship truth?" He thought that the will to truth must be justified, and to his knowledge, never had it been so.

Everything is permitted. There are no laws save those of nature, and never have been. To our knowledge the laws of nature (known through basic physical sciences) are unbreakable. The laws of man, while occasionally well intentioned, are silly, meaningless and ultimately a conundrum in terms of enforcing law which can be and is often broken.

The laws of nature do not dictate that "Thou shalt not kill" they simply arrange life so that those who spread pain are in turn pained in their existance. Any action you can take, you can take. Living with the consequences of your action, is the basis of responsibility.

And thus, there was the saying in mesopotamia, when a sufi (mystic) attained a very degree of discipline and training, he was told "nothing is true. everything is permitted."
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

The only problem is that when you claim:"There is no truth"you claim it like a truth.
      The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

Welcome to paradox. Language is ripe with it. The problem, is using something full of paradoxes, to describe that which lies outside the dialectic.
        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Originally posted by daodejing
          To clarify: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Truth has never existed, and will never be. Truth is a word. An idea that only has meaning when we compare it to "that which is not true". True and false are relative terms at best. Only words or interpretations can be true or false. Phenomenon simply are. That which exists is beyond truth. That which has no words has no truth. Everything is an interpretation and thus open to debate. Truth is not finite. Truth is not graspable. It is only known by the letting go of the duality true/false.

Neitzche was perplexed with the question "why do we worship truth?" He thought that the will to truth must be justified, and to his knowledge, never had it been so.

Everything is permitted. There are no laws save those of nature, and never have been. To our knowledge the laws of nature (known through basic physical sciences) are unbreakable. The laws of man, while occasionally well intentioned, are silly, meaningless and ultimately a conundrum in terms of enforcing law which can be and is often broken.

The laws of nature do not dictate that "Thou shalt not kill" they simply arrange life so that those who spread pain are in turn pained in their existance. Any action you can take, you can take. Living with the consequences of your action, is the basis of responsibility.

And thus, there was the saying in mesopotamia, when a sufi (mystic) attained a very degree of discipline and training, he was told "nothing is true. everything is permitted."
          on the contrary, the truth CAN be grasped, there is a thing called disorder, a natural phenomenon so to speak, this occurs when things do not go the way that they SHOULD BE,
          should be? yes. there is an idealistic way, there is a path of least resistance, a path that is followed by nature, a concept that we can all grasp. and the word truth was created to better understand and follow this way. i guess pesonal belief does play a role in all of this, but this is our connection to the universe.

you say that the laws of nature are in a way arranged so that one who causes pain is also pained correct? then one who follows nature, in turn, also follows the truth.

aside from right an wrong, away from a moralistic standpoint. would a baby hold its breath until it suffocates? will a moth jump into a pond? no they wont, because they naturally follow the way of nature and do not go AGAINST it, that is my point. Not to go against the righteousness in your heart, i strongly believe that nature is a righteous force, one which promotes life, happiness and prosperity, not a force of evil, if it were so then i dont think that life would even exist.

the truth in its entirety from your perspective could also be called a phenomenon, its yin and yang, truth and (self)deception good and evil, it exists. man does it exist...

saying that everything is a debate places you in the category of "the confused" one has the ability to grasp the truth simply by not denying it, to not ignore what must be done to preserve life, to act righteously... this is what i believe that nature is fighting for.
          the truth is always right, or should i say... always righteous.
          Last edited by master splinter; 08-03-2005, 03:13 AM.
          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Working...
          X