what is the gong fu like in Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the gong fu like in Thailand

Just curious, what is taught in the gong fu classes? Is it external or internal? I'm lately been very interested in internal energy development.
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Originally posted by Greenknight2
    Just curious, what is taught in the gong fu classes? Is it external or internal? I'm lately been very interested in internal energy development.
    If it's anything like what I've read exists in Indonesia or Malaysia as Kuntao or some forms of Silat, it's probably as faithful as can be to it's orignal state. Though it's blended with whatever styles existed prior to most of the traditional masters fleeing China, from what I've gathered it's still very lethal and probably more true to Kung Fu than what remains in China for the most part. Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia ... many masters emigrated to these regions as well as countries in the west such as England, the US, etc ....

I know many of the other styles in the region as Thailand have a distinct Muay Thai affiliation whether it's acknowledged or not. Kampuchea, Vietnam, Laos ... they all have styles similar to Muay Thai.
    Peace, favor your sword. "In these modern times many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use." Achille Marozzo, 1536 Donald Corey Pillow

Familiarity breeds Contempt

Citizens should not fear their governments; governments should fear their citizens.

There ain't a wrong way to do right or a right way to do wrong! Joe Frazier

Ignorance is Bliss

Comment

dingo, is that a still from 'lone wolf and cub?' in your avatar?
      Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

I'm not really sure ... a friend fixed this up for me a long time ago. Sorry. I don't know which flick it was culled from.
        Peace, favor your sword. "In these modern times many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use." Achille Marozzo, 1536 Donald Corey Pillow

Familiarity breeds Contempt

Citizens should not fear their governments; governments should fear their citizens.

There ain't a wrong way to do right or a right way to do wrong! Joe Frazier

Ignorance is Bliss

Comment

Working...
        X