Weird Lump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Lump

I've developed a strange lump on my wrist (the top side) which I think is due to some injury although I'm damned if I can figure out what I did. Anyway, this is causing pain around the wrist whenever I bend it past a few degrees upwards. I went to a chinese doctor and he said that it is like a water pocket which has formed after the injury. Not sure if he really meant water or puss to be honest. Anyway, he put one of those great smelling big plasters on it which helped and reduced the size slightly but he also says that given enough pressure he could just burst it.

My question is, does this seem like a good idea, or would it be better to see a western doc and see what their approach would be? Hoping it'll go away on it's own is starting to be less of an option as I'm starting to get a tingling sensation in my thumb which could be related.

Any ideas?

R

So it is well under the tissue or is it just a puss bubble, the kind you get when you have like a mosquito bite or something?
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

There isn't much tissue there as it's right at the joint of the wrist/hand, I can feel bone and then lump but I think it goes a little deep because of the pain in the joint when I move. The size it about 1cm in diameter, (maybe a little more) but bigger than a mosiquito bite. Also feels a little harder than a puss bubble but when the doctor was looking at it he pressed harder than I dared and could feel movement.

Comment

Check this thread out:

http://www.russbo.org/vb/showthread.php?t=1683
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Thanks mate, that looks like my brand.

So off to the doctor it'll have to be then.

R

Comment

Working...
          X