Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kip up/somersault

Me again,with my eternal questions:

Are there people here who can do the kip up(with hands or without).If yes could you please give me some tips for training and executing it.Same for the somersault.I barely can do a kip up on a matress but on a hard floor it is impossible.

I know it is not useful for combat,but still i think it's important to master balance and impultions,in fact to master every concept of a body movement...That's why i start learning acrobatics.

Thanks to you all,i'm sure in such a community there are some tips sleeping.
    The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

I can do one well with hands to assist.

remember to kick straight up toward the ceiling with both feet. Visualize your feet pulling your hips straight up, you should get everything up to your upper shoulders off the floor with just that. Then I just sort of do a super-ab-crunch and snap my feet underneath my hips so I land on my feet. That's what the hands help with, is that snap up, but it's the vertical kick that gets you the lift.

you will tip over a whole lot, Think of it as extra practice on back falls. but if you can start to get your feet underneath you when you land you're on your way.

And you don't have to justify it, I do kip-ups just because they're fun!
    Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Something must be wrong because it's always my upper body which doesn't follow and brings me back on my back.When do you push with your hands?During the leg kick or slightly after?

I get my feet underneath....and ahhhhhhhhh my upper body falls back.I'm sure i do something wrong.I try to kick up but how to do this movement without kicking a bit forward?
      The East? The West?

Comment

hands come slightly after the peak of the upward kick. You'll fall back for a while, keep at it.

throw your shoulders and head forward as you are getting your feet under you. it's kind of like you're trying to slam your face into the mat. kick up, then fling yourself forward.

Here, I found this, might be helpful.

a quicktime movie: http://hem.spray.se/sammorling/clips/kipup-supreme.mov

an especially nice one: http://hem.spray.se/sammorling/clips/kipup-supreme2.mov

and a website with some info and more video clips.

http://www.hiphoprnbsoul.com/web/ind...sk=view&id=454

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

kind of a tangent, but while we're on the subject of cool moves... check this guy out.

some amazing planche pushups about 3/4 of the way through the video

Comment

To be able to do a proper kipup your back has to be super flexable. Basically you are sending a wave through out your body. Also don't kick your feet out. Kick them up heels first towards the ceiling. As your legs bend send that wave through your back. We used to do sets of ten with those. I prefer the head spring. Similar movement. Come to think of it the body wave action exists in most kungfu moves.

Comment

I am a complete clown when it comes to acrobatics, but the kip up was one of the very first things I learned. My teacher told us that the way to learn it is to do it a hundred times. So after training i tried maybe 30 times and then i had it.
              I later understood that it requires almost no effort as long as you stuff your feet under your bottom.
              I would like to train other acrobatics like saltos and such but i just dont have the nerve to try it on my own.. and i dont think it's a good idea in any case.
              I hope they are training more acrobatics in china, beacause the training in hungary, where i have my knowledge of kung fu from, contains all but none.

Comment

We used to do these in judo occasionally, and we never used hands. The way we started was, to not even worry about coming up to standing, just visualize a barrel rolling under your body, as long as the barrel didn't hit you in the head on the way under, you had succeeded.

Basically, for me, it comes down to whipping your entire body. The feet changing direction and begining to move back down starts the cracking of the whip which pops the upper body right up.

But, mostly just listen to what mortal said. he seems to know what he's talking about. Unlike our australian friends.
                Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Big up to plum for her research,really merci.

I surely need to keep on trying this one on hard floor and then try without hands...For me it's quite tough,even though i consider myself in a good condition...I guess it's more difficult for some than for others but i will do it soon after i get the proper technique...Anybody here for the somersault?Who can perform acrobatics and which moves and how to do?
                  The East? The West?

Comment

i still don't get how to kick UP and do this movement.daaaaaaaaaamn i'll sort it out,
                    cheers to you all
                    The East? The West?

Comment

Originally posted by flow
                      i still don't get how to kick UP and do this movement.daaaaaaaaaamn i'll sort it out,
                      cheers to you all
                      Not true anymore!
                      Today i did my first Chinese get up(on hard floor) and finally realized how easy it is once understood.
                      At first as usual it didn't work.Suddently i had the idea to try with my legs a bit spread out in a "V" before the final landing(compare to before with feet together).It worked straight away,and then i did series of ten,sucessfully,despising myself not to sort it out quicker.

However this could be a good advice for those who are trying.

I'm now going to try somersault.Are there some acrobats here?I'm kind of struggling when i see those monks performing somersaults without momentum.Well i still don't get it.Are there some experimented apprentices who could help me?
                      The East? The West?

Comment

Sit-ups.

Lots and lots of sit-ups.

Comment

and what if i already do thousands of sit ups?No really i'm looking for real advices,this kind of bullshit i don't need thanks.
                          The East? The West?

Comment

If somebody offers you free advice over the internet don't abuse them. That is very rude. Just ignore it if you don't find it usefull.

For the record situps wouldn't hurt.

Keeping your legs in a V is good. But try to only do that at the end. Keep them togther at the beginning. Otherwise you will lose power.

Comment

Well,i should ignore it but my dissapointment was to big!Because i was asking for some tips,and honestly having a six pack doesn't make you an acrobat,or i would be the hell of a one already.I mean i had so many good infos here...I just didn't like the way he played the great master.
                              However i wasn't so rude man,and i'm sure he doesn't give a ...!
                              The East? The West?

Comment

Working...
                              X