National Geographic Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Geographic Magazine

Well, as you may or may not know, I've been working with National Geographic on an upcoming issue. In fact, it's a special issue, one that has been in the works for the past two years. The issue deals with Buddhism, and it comes out in December.

And I'm in it, along with Shi De Cheng.

Imagine that. Well, anyway, though the site will probably not be mentioned, the amount of visitation to russbo.com after the launch of this issue will probably get out of hand. Considering the fact that National Geographic is published all over the world, and that each month, over 40 million people read it, well, you get the idea.

And, considering how well the media has portrayed me in the past, no doubt, this could be another very public doc crucifixion. But, that's ok. I'm man enough to put up with some world wide embarassment. Again.

But, there's something else to consider here. The russbo gang has grown and evolved over the years, into quite the community. I'd like to take this upcoming opportunity, to use the upcoming visitation, to make reference to all of you. I just haven't figured out how to do this yet.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. One of the things I was thinking, was to make the website available to all of you wanna be Shaolin authors out there. I'll look into adding some programs to the server when I get back, so that members of the community can get published, and known, on the site.

Get back to me. Let me know what you think. Any suggestions to get things buffed up would also be appreciated.

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

You're coming back to the states!?

lol, I think the journal thing could be used more, thats for sure. If anyone wants to write an article, essay, whathave you, you could post it like your face and wushu pieces as well. On another note, now that we're an official cult you'll have plenty that have your back.
    practice wu de

Comment

If you expect a surge in traffic you might want to throw in an extra server or two since its already rather slow here at times.. perhaps even just a single squid caching server would do the trick at least to speed up browsing and wouldn't cost too much ($60/month for a cheap server at managed.com for example).

Comment

Working...
      X