Tony Jaa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Jaa

Anyone seen Tom Yum Goong yet? Was waiting for Tony Jaa's next film after Ong Bak blew me away with some of the fight scenes and this one didn't disapoint either. There's a massive fight scene shot with one long single take which totally rocks and another where he breaks bones in a variety of different moves, total entertainment.

Has a scene reminisent of Game of Death (the orginal footage not the crap released to cash in on Bruce Lee's death) where he fights a capoera guy then a kung fu guy etc. Rare to see capoera in a film too.

As far as modern martial arts flicks go, this is great and I hope Jaa keeps going, perhaps getting better film scripts too (the plot is pretty poor to be fair). Course he could end up making films like 'The Medalion' or 'The Tuxedo' too which may be a career low (like some other MA stars) but he's definitely someone to watch.

R

I haven't seen it yet, but you've sure got my appetite going.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Saw like this commercial on TV the other day for this guy. it was the first time I ever heard of him, and he was flipping out doing all types of crazy shit. looked pretty impressive..
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Im going to have to be on the lookout for this new Tony Jaa movie, if its anything like Ong Bak then it should be some awesome entertainment. I just watched Jet Li's new movie recently, apart from some slow bits I really enjoyed the fight scenes. They were brutal and thoroughly entertaining. Gotta love a good martial arts movie.

Comment

Oh yes, Unleashed (Danny the Dog). The plot was solid enough and the action was aweeeeeesome. The Unleashed fight scenes were indeed very brutal. And I loved every second of it. Ong Bak however, had a shitty shitty plot that almost got in the way of the action, if I do say so myself. The movie should have just been Tony Jaa's showcase without the trash that was supposed to be a plot...Lol...okay, okay, I'll try to stop constantly hating on Ong Bak. Yes, I know everyone knows I despised it...sorry.

Comment

I saw it, didn't particularly care for it, though it was entertaining. He's quite agile and good, but after the first fifty guys who he basically did the same move on, I started getting sleepy.

He was here in Phuket a few days ago. He's not a big guy by any means. Smaller than the women he was standing next to.

Wedding Crashers was far more entertaining. Oh, and I really liked the Land of the Dead. But, then again, I've got a warped sense of taste.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

You know, I never got to finish Crash. I had to go to sell glow sticks at a volunteer thing. I heard it was a great movie.

Comment

Danny the dog was good too, shows Jet Li still has some fight left in him as well as some talent for acting. Still think none of his American (or in this case French) movies have lived up to anything he made in China though (except Hitman which was a bit crap).

Actually liked Dog too cause most of it was shot in my home town in Glasgow (Scotland), so felt a little home sick. The punks made me laugh though as you would never see this many in Glasgow as they'd be constantly beaten up by the locals, not to mention the beating that dude in the white robes would get if he walked down the street dressed like that.

Looking forward to Wedding Crashers but it hasn't been released yet here, saying that I haven't even had the chance to watch Sin City yet either.....

R

Comment

Sin City. now that's entertainment.

"Will that bring you satisfaction, my son? Killing a helpless old fart?"
                  "Killing? No. No satisfaction. Everything up until the killing, will be a gas."

Comment

Yeah, Marv was a total badass. That movie owns.

Comment

Wedding crashers was prob. the funniest movie I've seen in 5 years.
                      practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                      X