• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Review: Tai Chuan Martial Applications

Tai Chi Chuam Martial Applications
    By
    Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming

This book is 351 pages long. It is similiar in style too the Chin books I have read but with more emphasis on striking. In the book Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming goes over forms, two person sets, ball training, push hand training, and information about combat. Even thought is a book about the applications of Tai Chi, I still think I gained by reading this book a deeper understanding of chi.

That said, sometimes I found this book hard too read. Also Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming is using Yang style tai chi in the book, so different styles may be different. I still found it very interesting thought about some of the basic tai chi movements, and the applications of them.
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

One of his better books, Written almost 20 years ago. first time i read it i thought it was ok, 5 years later read it again and it opend a lot of doors and turnd on a lot of lights. will definatly read it again maby in another 5 years.
    life is a cumquat (Maxwell Smart)

Comment

Never read that one, but I share turtle's opinion of one of his other old books. Advanced Yang Style Taijiquan: vol 1, tai ji theory and jing.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
      X