Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Void

Sloans are like buses - a complete absence of them for weeks, and then two come along at once...

(That picture's your avatar, Bohdi)

that pesky double edged sword...

...this kind of thinking is what got you whacked with a stick.

While there is no duality, at the same time one must cultivate wisdom to understand the truth. Some things must necessarily be accepted and some things dismissed.

It is true that attainment can be realized at any moment, like Hui Neng chopping wood, but at the same time there some paths which are specious...

Wisdom is the light which penetrates the darkness of confusion.

While it is true I disparage much of the pureland practices, because they complicate the message of salvation from suffering, one has to accept that it is a valid vehicle of understanding- for some. I think Gotama himself would probably be rolling in his grave so to speak to see how his philosophy has turned out in some cases...

Like you Maestro, I have to applaud the simplicity and beauty of Ch'an.

I'vve got a lot more to say about this, but first I need to think about it. It sort of goes to this idea I have of good and evil- like there is no such thing to one who has attained, because he would only do good, but if we reverse engineer the concept so to speak, then we do indeed have good and evil amongst those who have not yet attained- one reason why it is imperative that Amitabha took his vow, and why I think the purelanders are missing out on the truth of the message- the pureland is not some place to be reborn to in a future life where the trees are all gemstones and wonderful birds of all 5 colors warble next to waterfalls and so on and so on, but it is an allegory to the mind....

;)

looking forward to your future comments..

classic avatar there

and..what you doin up so late

you "spinnin" or whatever you call it?

peace..
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

nah...

...just got back from a date.

Blew 20 bucks on Bulletproof Monk. Someone didn't do their homework that's for sure.

Oh well. It was better than Phone Booth.

I saw City of God last night so it spoiled me. That was a great flick if you get the chance to see it, it's a foreign movie about the Brazilian slums.

its one..

its one of the bagillion independent movies that come out in nyc and will never come out here..

unless its another pulp fiction or something

and bullet proof monk..HAHAHAHA

did you actually want to see that or your date?

that movie was a joke(to me) from the start..

lol

chow yun fat shouldnt be doing any action movies..only reason he did good in CTHD was because he just had to look good and say cool stuff..besides that hes not an action star, and anything he tries to do action wise is prolly gonna suck..hence that movie..
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123