Shiner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiner

I should know the answer to this but I don't...What's the fastest way to get rid of a black eye?
    Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Get a sharpie and color it silver?
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

the best way would be to massage it and apply a warm cloth so as to get the blood flowing. if u massage, massage towards the heart, which means down for a black eye.

the funnest way might be some sex, could get the blood flowin and its more fun then massage, but a little similar...heheheh

seriously though..a black eye is just a bruise, all bruises are just stagnant blood/tissue and the best way to get rid of them from my exp with small golden bell(iron body) is to massage them, and you always massage towards the heart to get the bad blood filtered out and the good blood filtered in. a warm cloth will add to the circulation in the area, if your really desperate you could try somethin like hanging upside down..sounds crazy but whatever gets the job done...
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

A shiner is nothing more than a bruise; the soft tissues around the eye accumulate blood from the broken capillaries in the tissues, which give you that "black and blue" discoloration. As the blood cells are broken down, hemoglobin remains, which gives you the new color, which is more orange looking (the iron). With time, these cell byproducts, hemoglobin and iron are removed by the lypmphatic system.

Keeping the bruised part "dependent", or low, will inhibit the uptake of these materials. Rubbing it, while the area is still injured, may actually decelerate the loss of pigment in the area because of recurrent minor reinjury. Ice, which causes vasoconstriction and diminished flow to the interstitial space (which washes into the lymphatic system, will impede the uptake of these materials; heat, on the other hand, increases blood flow to the area, with the opposite effect, as long as the capillary rupture process has ended. Increasing blood flow to an area with a fresh injury might actually increase the amount of bruising, especially if not enough time has passed to allow the capillary ruptures to heal and close.

Ice immediately after injury vasoconstricts and helps diminish the amount of blood that actually enters the interstitial space. Within a day or two, with capillary healing, warmth can bring more fluid into the area, thus helping the lymph formation wash out the byproducts of damage.

Hanging upside down makes the injured eye area dependent, and thus, impedes the resolution of the injury, because of increased venous congestion.

And, as with every thing else, time heals it all. Sometimes just ignoring the damn thing and not worrying about it is the best way to handle it.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Yes. It is my medical and emotional advice to wear a mask. Perhaps begin calling yourself "Zorro" would be in order.
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiYunFat
            Yes. It is my medical and emotional advice to wear a mask. Perhaps begin calling yourself "Zorro" would be in order.
            kick ass! finally an excuse to wear my throwing knife thigh holster in public.

Thanks Doc and Maestro. It is now in the oh-so-lovely red and greenish stage and is much smaller this morning. I'll get some heat on it tonight.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Yes, you're starting to see the iron and hemoglobin that are left in the tissues. Very nice.

So, are you going to let us know who did this to you, so that we can hunt him down and hurt him? Hurt him bad?

I'll bring my boys. Maestro and LYF will do good. Trust me.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Awww. I love that you guys would say that.

Actually it was a disc golf accident. I went to play a round wearing sandals with no tread, and I was running down a slope and slipped on a tree root and got poked by a branch. Damn hurtful trees, I was 5 under par too.

I took a picture of it this morning since it's my first ever shiner. You'd think in a dozen years of brawling I'd have gotten a black eye by now.

Comment

you could also try injuring the other eye, and then passing it off as a trendy new look.

Comment

I wonder if you could comb it out like a hicky?

Comment

ill be your bodyguard plum! but yknow with a golf club u can be pretty deadly...
                      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

not golf golf, DISC golf - with a small frisbee. I could probably bean somebody pretty good witn a frisbee though...

Comment

iron and hemoglobin.
                          Attached Files

Comment

What happened to the traditional methods of treating a black eye? Like slapping a fresh steak out of the fridge on it, or even a bag of frozen peas if you dont wish to spoil a good peice of meat. Not sure how traditional fridges are though.

Comment

Tell us where the tree is.

We'll take care of it.

And how do you "comb" a hickey out? Not that I get them anymore....

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X