Hurricane Katrinia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Katrinia

Doc, are you going to put something up too tell people where to donate?
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

There is always the obvious redcross.org
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Yeah but those people are worse than the mafia.....
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

I hear they take people's blood and sell it. But you'd better watch who you're accusing because I am a red cross certified lifeguard. That means I can take it whenever I please.

On a sidenote, katrina.org or .com is an online resource for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Comment

Jeez, I used to be a red cross children services instructor... teaching about basic aid stuff, HIV/aids, sexually transmitted diseases... while, at the same time, also doing puppet shows! My dog impression was the best...but lets keep that quiet.

Anyhow, small world, eh?

g
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by Greenknight2
            Doc, are you going to put something up too tell people where to donate?

I know that Doc is traveling and was not able to post much the last day and I have this to share. I have been real busy trying to set up fund raiser event here in Vegas. I know there are tons of other sites with more stuff, but here is a good list to start.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/katrina_aid.html
            I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
            "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
            "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
            "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

i did data entry for the red cross, recording donations that came in the wake of 9/11. i wouldn't call them worse than the mafia, but they are hardly the best run charity out there. note to anyone who donates to the red cross for katrina: make sure you reference "katrina" somewhere on your check, otherwise it will be recorded as a general donation, and will probably be used to buy a high definition TV in a red cross conference room.

and DDJ, watch what you say. we're watching you.

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng
                Jeez, I used to be a red cross children services instructor... teaching about basic aid stuff, HIV/aids, sexually transmitted diseases... while, at the same time, also doing puppet shows! My dog impression was the best...but lets keep that quiet.

Anyhow, small world, eh?

g

are you versed in the differences between good touch and bad touch?
                Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

on a serious note, those who are close enough, call the red cross and ask about donating blood ... I donated today. My phlebotomist was very cute and hunky.

Also if you can give cash, do. Research where it should go, there are a few charities that bypass FEMA to get the goods to those who need it.
                  Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Some charities like Direct Relief International cut out the middleman and is therefore direct, which is the charity I might be donating to soon. But don't take my word for it, do some research.

Comment

just call your local donation center they will help you....

Comment

New Orleans Saints fans sure do like their beer

Send them more beer.
                        Attached Files
                        I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                        "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                        "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

so show of hands, after the refugees are taken care of, who wants their tax money to go to rebuilding this place?

Comment

I didn't put a donation link on the site for a few reasons. One, the last time I was going to do it myself, and send the money to the Red Cross, no one donated. Two, I'm not a big fan of most of these so called "charities". A good deal of the money goes towards "administrative fees" (think Sally Struthers with Save the Children Foundation, lol, all three hundred pounds of her surrounded by emaciated five year old African kids who live on worms and dirt). At one point, I think it was the United Way that used up around eighty percent of its money towards running its business.

Personally, I like the Red Cross, having been an instructor in the past, for many years, of various different things. I know that the people who work it tend to be highly dedicated and very underpaid. As far as charities go, that would be my choice.

You could always donate to the Scientology Foundation. Hell, Travolta flew his 737 into New Orleans to bring food, and Scientologists, who gave tetanus shots. I'm sure he'd appreciate the gas money. And, who knows, after giving a certain amount of money, maybe you could become an honorary Operating Thetan.
                            Attached Files
                            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                            russbo.com

Comment

The Bushes are helping....

Go George...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X