"Doc, give respect to 'Da Sifu'"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Doc, give respect to 'Da Sifu'"!

I am just curious why the link to the Houston Temple takes you to another Monk's site. I am a student of Bei Shaolin Kung fu in Harlingen, Tx (http://beishaolin.com/ My Sifu gets training from DaSifu Shi De Shan, who was trained at the Shaolin Temple. He of course passes it along to us and we also have seminars with DaSifu himself. Would it not be fair that his name and link be added to your website? He did open this temple with another monk, but the other has since opened another school in Houston. Please give DaSifu the respect and add his link to your website. You can research it if you like. http://www.houstonshaolintemple.com/news.shtml
    I'm speechless.

(If you visit the LINKS section, you would know that it is a fully automated, user input controlled, part of the site).
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Hmmm. Whatever happened to the word sigong?
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Well Dao, I find "what happened to the word sifu" more interesting here. In fact, I also find interesting the fact that if you go to the other school's website, the word "sifu" is used at least nineteen times on the very first page.

"Sifu" is not exactly the correct word, but, then again, who am I to educate someone who commands me to show another individual respect. (By the way, I don't give my respect out lightly....).

I think the following two posts are relevant:

http://www.russbo.org/vb/showpost.php?p=13671&postcount=2
      http://www.russbo.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1945&postcount=44

It's emails like this, emails that I find slightly derogatory in nature, that makes me wonder why I even bother with this anymore.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Or if you're deadset on attaching a title to someone's name, you could use "Lo si" or "Lao tz" I'm not sure about the latter, but they should mean "teacher".
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I think you spell it "lao shi", at least, that's how I learned it. It means "teacher".

This "lao" is kind of interesting; "Lao ban", not sure if I spelled ban right, means "boss". Xingwei always used to call me that. I had asked him why, and he informed me that I was the boss, because I paid all the money....

russbo.com

Comment

Lao Ban = Boss. Respected Boss; literally "Old leader"
            I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
            "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
            "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
            "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Old leader?

Bastard.

LOL....

russbo.com

Comment

Da sifu!! lolol Amitabha nerd! Code red! There is a good chance that this guy shaved his head in the last fifteen minutes, statisticly speaking of course. lolo

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                  I think you spell it "lao shi", at least, that's how I learned it. It means "teacher".

This "lao" is kind of interesting; "Lao ban", not sure if I spelled ban right, means "boss". Xingwei always used to call me that. I had asked him why, and he informed me that I was the boss, because I paid all the money....
                  Lao is indeed fun. Actually, there is a whole article on it on the Wikipedia for laohan such as myself.

Comment

They all call him that in Houston because he was "Da" shifu and Yan Feng was Xiao shifu.

The thought of shi de shan as "big" is entertaining at best but i see where they came from.

Comment

Its like Da Bears in Chicago.

LOL

Comment

I just like this post. Keep it up.

Comment

Well it is really bad for the man who forget the words.
                          Last edited by doc; 04-08-2012, 02:58 AM. Reason: remove spam

Comment

play and earn CLICK HERE for more info

Comment

Working...
                            X