Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music and Training

Was just wondering:

What's your favorite music for training?

Is there a specific song/artist that fires you up?

If you had a personal theme song that would play ambiently around you at socially critical moments, what would it be?
    Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

At USAST we used to train to bob marley in good old days. The class was so intense that because it was mellow made good yin and yang. Then I moved on to wutang. Lately I prefer the sounds of training. No music just slap kicks and stomping.

Comment

me too, no music just nature, wind in the trees, and automobiles passing by.
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Yep, I'm another one who likes no music.
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Taiji: the Hero soundtrack
          Gung fu: nothing, hip hop, or harder than most rock, depending on what I'm doing.
          practice wu de

Comment

Depends on the pace. Lately, Buju Banton, occasional bouts of Punk Rock (operation ivy gets the blood moving), something more like Enya for soft qigong.

But all in all, fast paced, heavily rhythmic regae seems to go well with weapons training.
            Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

enya??? lol.
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

i dunno, kinda like to have some music playing in the background depends on what though

for freestyle yeah i'll definately have something fast playing in the back
                mind you for form training kinda train without music

Comment

wong fei hung's theme song
                  traditional chinese music would be good for me,it isn't really distracting
                  compared to some slow jams or rap

Comment

i guess enya is alright , although if i am caught listnening to enya, my friends will tease me forever.

Comment

I think enya sucks ass. Are you guys serious? I didn't know men listened to enya.

Comment

Music while practicing serious Martial Arts is a bad idea imho.
                        If you just do sports or aerobic you might be fine but serious martial arts require 100-200% of your attention. Keep the ambient as natural and peaceful as possible.

Comment

If you had a personal theme song that would play ambiently around you at socially critical moments, what would it be?
                          Easy, "Gimme Shelter" by the Stones. That song never gets old.

Comment

Socially critical moments, eh? Well, that can be anything. I'll send you a mixtape...can you get me my own soundtrack?
                            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Eye of the tiger... if i ever became a prize fighter, i would haff to have eye of the tiger as my entrance song.lol

Comment

Working...
                              X