what's your favorite weapons training things to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's your favorite weapons training things to do

I was wondering what's peoples favorite things too do with weapons? I'm thinking about trying to start an addition weapons class at the school I go to and I'm wondering what people like doing for kubato, or escrima/kali stuff.

My teacher usually likes to do alot of bo staff forms, then usually a activity. So I want to do more escrima stick stuff. But I need to know what I want to do before, I start the class.
    Last edited by Greenknight2; 10-17-2005, 12:52 AM.
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

I don't have much weapons experience, but I'd just like to say, it feels great whirling that heavy guandao around like it was a twig. Not like I've done it that much, but it makes you feel powerful.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I only know Broadsword, straightsword and whipchain. Some wushu schools have a weapons only basics class. You do a short part of the form full tilt. I also enjoy practicing open hand that way.

It's strange I actually am enjoying the open hand forms more lately. Many of the movements in longfist are just getting you ready to weild weapons. The basics are very similar. Thats why when people ask for apps on empty hand wushu I always say the app could be preparing you for a weapons app.

Comment

I watched some of Casey Marks videos from Black and Blue productions. She's good. A little different style though.
        http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

hmm as for weapons, broadsword, pole, 9 section whip chain, kunai

Comment

i prefer a bat, a sharp rock, or a gun, whichever i have on me at the time
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

i prefer a bat, a sharp rock, or a gun, whichever i have on me at the time
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Broadsword.

also I have a fun fan set.
                Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

actually so do i, i completely forgot about it, steel fighting fan on my mantle, infront of my samurai swords

Comment

monkey pole, not monkey style, but the monkey pole is my fav, only chinese wep i know
                    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

yo tetsumaru

whats on my mantle is not ornamental, its easy access for me incase someone tries a break in again

Comment

KOBUDO

I'm training KOBUDO - Bo Jutsu (180-185 cm staff), style Yamanni-ryu. The principal weapon used in the style is the roku-shaku bo, or six-foot staff. The style has been described as one of the most dynamic and devastating of the Okinawan weapons styles, most probably because of its distinctive wide and flowing strikes, which contrast greatly with the short and choppier movements characteristic of other weapons styles that trace their roots to Okinawa.

Comment

hey cool, i was thinking of taking up kobodu, not too long ago, hows the style breakdown?

Comment

You know what's interesting. My teacher tracked down a martial arts teacher who is 3 generations away from okinawa. Anyway, the weapons program he put together at his school by going to seminars is the same as that teacher. So now he's going to be taking lessons from him via distance learning. Which is really cool. The escrima stuff isn't the same though, just the bo staff forms.

Comment

Last I knew, my instructor was still waiting to hear from him. Things like this though probably will come up though, because let's face it he's got his own students.

Comment

Working...
                              X