No announcement yet.

Wing Chung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also when he fights the other guy is knocked out so fast he couldn't shoot a gun if he had it.
    I don't know why I'm just deciding to chime in now, and I don't really have much to say on the subject. I just thought it would be interesting to add that I did see some kind of trial once (I think it was for a police force of some kind) that found that your average guy will be able to rush at and tackle you from up to 20 or so feet away before you have a chance to draw, aim and fire a pistol at him. Of course this is if you don't move at all, and guns are handy weapons at close range also. I just thought that was interesting.

Comment

That is interesting.

Comment

It's kind of interesting. I give it a 6.
        Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

That avatar greatly enhances the comedic value of all of your one-liners!

Comment

"Little chubby guys hate high kick because they can't do them".
            I don't agree with that, ask Sammo Hung!
            The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

I know his whole story. He trained chinese opera. They have plenty of high kicks.

Oh wait I see your point. I'm not saying they can't kick high(although that is usually the case).

Comment

Zach, your commentary comes from the concealed weapons course, of which I've taken a few. Basically, they refer to an attacker that has a knife. If a man with a knife is within 21 feet or so of you, he can rush you and stab you, before you can effectively draw a pistol and shoot him.

which is why, it's advised, that if an assailant has a knife, and he's within 20 feet of you, you should shoot the bastard.

A man with a knife can be far more dangerous than a close up assailant with a gun.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

I think the pull punch video is hilarious.

"I'm not in lu-uv...oooooooooooooowoooowooooooooo..."
                  "Arhat, I am your father..."
                  -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                    Zach, your commentary comes from the concealed weapons course, of which I've taken a few. Basically, they refer to an attacker that has a knife. If a man with a knife is within 21 feet or so of you, he can rush you and stab you, before you can effectively draw a pistol and shoot him.

which is why, it's advised, that if an assailant has a knife, and he's within 20 feet of you, you should shoot the bastard.

A man with a knife can be far more dangerous than a close up assailant with a gun.

which is why people in jamaica run from bills when they might stand with guns out.
                    "Arhat, I am your father..."
                    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Working...
                    X