just need some plain old help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just need some plain old help

ok in about 5 years from now i will be looking in to going to the shaolin temple and train witthe monks there but i dont kow what to do in the mean time should i take classes in the us i guess you can say i need training tips ya thats it ....ok here is how i planed it i take kung fu classes for as long as it takes for me to go to china then i go there with some kinda fighting exp and then start trainng there what doyou guys think?

In the meantime, until you turn 18, I suggest that you focus your energies on your schoolwork. There is nothing that is more important than your education. Get good grades, get yourself prepared for college, and find some time to either train at a good martial arts school, or, get involved in some sort of physical activity, like sports. You need to train your mind as well as your body, and these teenage years are very important, formative ones. Avoid drugs and people that do them. Focus on training your mind and your body, and when you turn 18, you'll be all set to train in Shaolin.

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

well..

i wouldnt go as far to say dont do this and dont do that to a teenager..

have you lost your mind doc or are you that old??

you see..when authority figures tell ya not to do somethin..you really wanna do it or atleast know what all the fuss is about..and in my case smoking a little herb here and there has never hurt me

i never got attracted to the stuff to the point where i wanted to buy it(because i never have) or needed it in anyway..or needed to go as for as to quench my desire for smoke by inhaling some sick shit cigarettes( i mean cmon thats just nasty)

i think there should be no prohibitions on life, you try something and you analyze it..i dont believe in a right and wrong way of living..of course there is limit to everything... having to much of anything in excess is always bad..it just corrupts you and you dont become a person much longer..

so anyway..my advice from what ive heard these guys talk about when it comes to shaolin prep training..go for the stamina..flexiblity and speed training

i think thats your best bet, and if you want to get in on the convos about "real" fights..go punch a guy in the head, then youll be the ultimate

peace lol
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

yes but vince...

...you can not deny that there are those who are cursed with weak minds, or minds that can not yet handle perceptions of good or bad...look at all the addicts around. If you can take the step, then that's cool, and taking that step is sort of a double edged sword because you don't know until you do (like nobody I ever knew could handle heroin- obviously that's a magnitude above weed, but people *thought* they could, and now they are dead to a man) but for some, there are better things to do with their time, like building that mind to a degree where it can achieve these perceptions.

X is hoping to go to Shaolin in 5 year's time. That is quite a bit of time from now, and also it is not. Who can say what will be in 5 years time, Yong Xin might hiccup and all the monks will be actors instead of just a few- better to live now in the moment then plan a tomorrow you have little control over. Can he control his present?

Start training now!! Go to seminars if there is no Shaolin around you. There are lots of ways for X to get involved in Shaolin now, to see if he even likes it.

But otherwise, if there is no opportunity, or more importantly, you can not make any opportunity, then like maestro said, stamina and flexibility are the keys to success in Shaolin. Those can be trained anywhere. A lot of people I know with poor flexibility have had great successes with yoga. Sometimes if you learn a martial art and then switch styles you have a lot of unlearning to do.
        "Arhat, I am your father..."
        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this.Thank's for sharing.

Here is My Homepage:​ Cue Sport

Comment

Working...
          X