Run like a ninja?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tetsumaru
    Just remember smoking and exercising, together, will increase you risk of getting cancer because of your increase bloodflow and oxygen in your blood will help carry the cancer through your body faster! YEAH!
    That's scary. i'd love to stick around and blab but i have class in 30 minutes and i don't know if the snow's gonna slow me down so i should leave soon. I'll think about all this thanks for the support/insight.

Comment

Hi there, first i'd like to say that you thread was the funniest i ever seen here

Then i can help you maybe. I used to be a smoker 2 years ago, even worst than you i'll skip details;

However here is the way i stopped. I bought some nicotine gums, and everythime i would be at work or in a stressing situation, or worst with some of my fellows smokers at break time-the hardest-, i would chew a gum and take a maxium nicotine in my blood through it. I also stopped taking my breaks with smokers and they perfectly understood. That's an important part.

Then, every ****ing day or nearly, at least 5 on 7, i would run one hour.The next morning i would be ****ing pain everywhere but still i would ****ing go again and again. At the end of one day i would be so tyred that i could approximately sleep-but you'll have to go through a few nights without sleep. Lot's of stretchning, push ups, abs etc, at that time i was in a boxing club where we done a lot of skipping and cardiovascular exercises. I was so glad to see that after one mounth without cigarette my performances were getting obviously better, and it is still in progress.Now i can really cope with my training even better than many non-smokers.

I can say that sports saved me, but my training was extreme and you need to be ready for it...But when you think it over:
      1/ you save a lot of money
      2/ your teeth stop being yellowish
      3/ instead of getting fatter after stopping you end up with a ultimate six pac, splits and power etc
      4/ your lungs are healthy and you fell it
      5/ your confidence will be higher than before when you were smoking in any situation
      6/ everybody will respect you if you REALLY stop and not if you just say it and go back to your fags after a week (little tip just be discreet keep it for you and do it for you first, no need to say it everywhere you go, just DO it and stay humble)
      7/ if you like MA well you will be able to be a hundred per cent into it and be really competitive
      8/ your girlfriend will be proud of you and after such a training nobody will quarell with you trust me!

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE.FIGHT FOR IT, GO THROUGH THE PAIN AND TAKE IT UNTIL IT WON"T HURT YOU ANYMORE---i know how i sound but it is really important that people stop smoking and i would love you to succeed even though i don't know you, to stop that chit and to achieve what you want.

I would strongly recommand you to start boxing or if you can find that's even better, Muay Thai, because it is the only way to build a real stamina and to really kill your fears of fight. I can proudly say that i would take anyone here in a fight without fear-i don't say i would win-but i wouldn't fear even the bigger than me because i can hurt them badly too, without blinking my eyes at every stike, without any supreme concentration or magic, just me and my opponent, for real.

I am still in Muay Thai and now after 3 years nearly i will move to Wing Chung because i know how to basically fight and i want to go further. I know you did some karate-i did some when i was 15een-well forget about this crap with all respects, if you want to learn fighting you need full contact. Once you know it you can learn Kung Fu efficiently. That's my view though.

Hope this helps, it's no magical receipe but it worked for me, it's been two years i didn't touch a cigarette and to be honnest i even forgot it.

Cheers Man!
      The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

Working...
      X