Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrobatics

Alright,

After i seen Tony Jaa executing these drills at http://www.tonyjaa.org/ (section Jor Jai Show click on "another extract"!), i really felt that it is not enough to kick and punch.

I would really like to learn this kind of stunts but don't know where to start. How and where to start??
    The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

umm..being a short skinny thai man would be a good start.

but..i mean, if u really want those skills hes doing, how are u gonna have time to be proficient at a martial art or be a proficient fighter?

www.trickstutorial.com is a good site for that kinda shit, maybe one day i will teach myself some stuff like that but in the end..who really cares. at best that type of training will make you stronger and more flexible, fast twitch muscle and the like..but u could practice tong zi gong and get those type of attributes or just shaolin basics like SYM teaches, youll be doing no hand cartwheels and backflips in no time.
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

try this link

I have to agree with maestro. I feel like these kind of martial arts "tricks" are fun to do and cool to see but aren't exactly good for real martial arts.

America's bastardization of martial arts is starting to piss me off. I'm tired of seeing people act all hard while swinging around a katana like it was an f'ing staff. My ego wants to punch these people in the face and ask them why they couldn't defend themselves. I just went to martial arts channel...omg this looks awful. I was sad to see Shi De Ru performing in one of the clips. It made me understand that good martial arts need bad martial arts, otherwise people can't tell the difference between Shaolin-do and Shaolin Shaolin. (seriously click the shaolin-do link and check this page out the guy doing drunken forms in the pic section is f'ing hilarious.) How do I keep going when I know there's so much bullshit out there? I think its that small minute amount of hope that I have left that there is someone real out there.
      "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

I also agree with mortal. Flexibility and speed and good, but being able to do stuff like this

won't necessarily make you a better fighter. Makes you fun at parties, though.
        Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

and when I said 'mortal' I of course meant 'maestro'.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Hey!
            I never said that i being a fighter was my only goal. I perfectly know that it is unuseful to do a saumersault in front of my opponent

It's just that i find it fun, it looks astonishing and it is just a matter of pushing further and further. For example we all know that making splits is not absolutely necessary for kicking, but still we try to push ourselves to our limits just to go further.

Same, doing acrobatics won't help for FIGHTING, but it is a part of THE ART, the "nice to look at", the performance, the defiance to reality and more, gravity!

No i don't think you have to be Thai and weight 50 kg to do that, honestly, just have a look at gymnastics and male gymnasts who are twice better but 4 times heavier.

It's just that i have a good phyisical conditon, good stretchability but yet i couldn't do this kind of stuffs and i am inspired by it, once again not to do it in the ring LOL but just to show off, yea show of mannnnnnnnn! Seriously when you see that don't you feel jealous? As a martial arts fan i really am! Not in the optical of doing ONLY that but just learn some appart from MA training.

I am not very mystical i am not a purist as well. In other words i don't take MA as seriously as you do. I train hard but don't aim at destroying the world LOL>

So is there somebody here who can do these stuffs and if yes where did you learn and how?

Thanks for all the infos guys but i wish there was more.

See ya
            Respects!
            Flow
            The East? The West?

Comment

Oh God now they are mixing us up!

Here is an easy way to remember who is who. I am the flowery, embrioded kicks, northern, long fist, wingchun, herb and he is the low stance, static pose, useless hunga, southern douche.

GET IT RIGHT IN THE FUTURE! ! ! !

Comment

with abounding sweetness
                came two pumkins

so sweet their ploy,
                all real men cringed at the sight
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

oh yea. you're the pudgy slow pasty white guy in the red pants.

Comment

may i ask what u're talking about? HEHEHE
                    The East? The West?

Comment

flow, we have found through an undisclosed medium, that Mortal and Maestro are either masquerading as the same person, or they're lovers.... you make the call....
                      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Two halves of the same pumpkin?!

Comment

After you say so...
                          It would be
                          -either the greatest case of schizophrenia ever after Emily Rose
                          -or the true divine manifestation of a coincidental soulmating through an internet Kung Fu forum-where the only gays would be Mortal and Maestro, acting straight only for the sake of it
                          -or a conspiracy from the others to make these boring times a bit more amusing

So, Mortal, Maestro, M&M's , who is the peanut? Who is the chocolate?
                          The East? The West?

Comment

The real question on everyone's mind is; why is the green M&M such a damn slut?
                            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

lol u guys are crazy, cmon, easy way to tell the diff is i am mr miyagi, hes daniel son..

in other words im the master, hes shit

easy right?
                              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
                              X