No announcement yet.

Amir Khan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for one thing, boxing wasnt very popular at all in old europe, wrestling was. also, boxing as practice 100 years ago has gone through a HUGE evolution. boxing has changed so much most light weights nowadays would destroy most if not all heavy weights 100 years ago. the sweet science is so different today, it has evolved more then any fighting art i can think of ive and ive done nothing but study fighting arts since i was 15. i have trained boxing btw in a mma club, i enjoyed it very much, to say it was an art, i would strongly disagree.

boxing is not an 'art' its a sport. theres nothing artistic about it since most self expression is completely limited , true no 2 fighters fight the same way, but thats is still not really in an artistic fashion. a combat system becomes artistic is when it gains multifaceted levels of intricate depth and scope as a whole system, not as a style or method which is what boxing is.
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

So how old are you now? What do you do for a j-o-b nowadays?
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

boxing is a great conditioning regimen, and it will also teach you how to fight, but in all respect, it is very incomplete. there is no concept of grappling which, if in todays world your own personal style doesnt possess, youre in deep doodoo. thats why you never see boxers fight outside of the boxing ring, cuz they cant, theyll get kicked in the head, or grounded and pounded. its a very basic style, and basic is good if youre fighting untrained people such as thugs and gangsters (good luck with that, these kids are packin heat nowadays, it aint like before) but if youre gonna enter a real full contact competition, youd better learn how to grapple. and kick... since the only way to be able to defend against a technique correctly, is to learn it.
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

i turned 21 last july, cant believe its already ****ing december. and i just got off a 10 hour shift working construction(why do i always seem to be doing this job?!?!) toteing around steel beams all day, building bullshit. hateing my life and my sore feet, espcially since i should be in hk right now, not satans asshole which is where i live.

Comment

"its a very basic style, and basic is good if youre fighting untrained people such as thugs and gangsters"
            True, that's why i like MT, you have boxing plus all the rest exepted ground fight.

I just wanna say that boxing is a must for any martial artist; any of them should step into a club and try n get some basics to be really complete.
            The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

chill out Maestro take a big breath: you will get what you want one day we all go through that shit
              The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro
                i turned 21 last july, cant believe its already ****ing december. and i just got off a 10 hour shift working construction(why do i always seem to be doing this job?!?!) toteing around steel beams all day, building bullshit. hateing my life and my sore feet, espcially since i should be in hk right now, not satans asshole which is where i live.
                At least you are outside breathing semi-fresh air. I am stuck inside a fing Jeep assembly plant sucking exhaust fumes and lord knows what that black mold is all over the place. If you are only 21 fing finish school and get the f out of dodge. I am 24 and I can't stand doing this BS work I do 10-12hrs a day 6 days a week. Fat paychecks no life always exhausted and now barely enough time to train. .................saving up though....time will come eventually......hey do you have a bearded lady at work who likes to smoke because I do and it makes me want to vomit. ..................ahhh i feel little bit better. I feel even better if it wasn't Saturday morning and I wasn't at work.
                "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Aw hell no, I am going to school for as long as it takes...

Comment

lolo, actually, i like labor. i like using my body to do things, that last job all i was doing was lifting steel beams and throwin up probably 100 pound 'uprights' to build the monstrous shelves for a new lowes, so i was in side. ive done alot of construction and it really isnt that bad if you have a skill, which of course i do not. but if i felt like it i could go and become a electrician or something like that. really i dont wany that though but i dont think its shit, shit job are shit jobs, but manual labor has been apart of human history forever, i dunno i dont really think its that bad, i would much rather do something i care about like maybe teach gung fu, but if i were to do that i would need more exp, the best thing about teaching martial arts is though u have a shitload of time to train after all the business affairs are out of the way.

Comment

Sure, manual labor jobs are honorable but what I was commenting about was the large volume of dishonorable people working along side you. Not to mention how much of a toll it takes on your outside life.

Comment

At this point I'd have to say MOST pundits are overrating his ass. He has potential. Only time will tell.
                        Peace, favor your sword. "In these modern times many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use." Achille Marozzo, 1536 Donald Corey Pillow

Familiarity breeds Contempt

Citizens should not fear their governments; governments should fear their citizens.

There ain't a wrong way to do right or a right way to do wrong! Joe Frazier

Ignorance is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                        X